March 7, 2021

Boomerang

We all know what a boomerang does......it returns to you.   A year ago I put together an auction basket for the Lamplighters EGA Chapter of the Mid Atlantic Regional Meeting (MAR).   COVID arrived and the MAR meeting and classes didn’t happen so the auction didn’t happen.   This past December, MAR sent an email to membership  for a last chance to buy tickets before a January drawing.  In the Christmas spirit, I bought $30/40 tickets donating to the cause and I moved on....

But like a boomerang, not only didnI win the Fiber Frenzy Basket, I am the winner of the basket I created.  Since I put it together I like everything in it!    

I had created this basket for Lamplighters to donate based on the apron pattern I found.  

I paired it with fabric and floss and a bunch of kitchen themed items that might make one nostalgic for baking apple pie with your grandmom.  Fabric for the 50's style apron, thread and floss and buttons.   A cross stitched table topper.  A vintage pyrex bowl and pie plate to mix up and bake your pie in.  Woodlawn Recipe book, recipe cards, dish towels and a bunch of needlework notions and kitchen type gadgets.   

The fiber basket is so full of things I am overwhelmed.   This basket was donated by the Lehigh Valley EGA and I need to get a thank you note out to them this week.   It is so chocked full I have had fun digging through it a couple of times and finding something I missed the previous time.   

The basket, the light, the Sulky Petites!
Splendor and Flair and Neon Rays, and Fiesta and Very Velvet and Treasure Braid and the Waterlillies! 
Trims and scissors and ort containers.   Oh my!

Lovely wooden laying tool......

And wools in a variety of colors....
Thread keeps, needles and a needle book.... 

And then I opened the plastic storage containers that were included to find silks, and Kreiniks

Look at these beautiful Sulky Petites!  I can't wait to find something to stitch with them!


Just more evidence that my craft room stash is not all my fault......somehow stuff just comes to me......

Thanks for stopping by.   Keep safe, stay healthy and keep on stitching.  

7 comments:

  1. Wow, Robin...you hit the jack pot...congrats!!!! I know you will enjoy finding uses for all those goodies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is better than the Mega Millions!!
    What a haul, well deserved. You will love using the Sulky.
    I'm using it on a large Quaker.
    Have a great week.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a basket full of goodness!
    Enjoy it!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fabulous winnings -- the fiber extravaganza and the basket you put together! Know it will be enjoyed fully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That Fiber Basket looks like fun! Awesome way to try out different fibers! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

  6. That is a very nice return on both your work assembling the kitchen basket and your investment for tickets. I love both of your winnings!
    I lived in the Upper Perk valley for nearly 20 years and never knew there was an EGA chapter nearby. (sad face)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how wonderful for you, Robin! Enjoy all those threads--wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.