July 13, 2021

I just need to have a moment….

I went outside to use the power washer this morning.  I used it in early June for the deck and back of the house and had finally found the time to get the front porch and front siding done.  Mr. W. helps by dragging it out, connecting the hosing, getting the extension cord, setting in place, etc.   Well not so this morning.   When I went to use it he was fussing about with it on the work table.  Something with the hose connector to the unit.  New ‘o’rings tried, used WD-40 and nothing.   He looked online to get a replacement hose and here is my frustration……..

a. model no longer made, 

b. Company absorbed by a larger company or out of business 

c. Replacement parts not available separately

d. All of the above. 

I get so frustrated the you can’t repair and kept what you have.   No, you have to trash it and buy new.  I go back out to continue putzing  about the yard.   

Mr. W. comes out to tell me he has ordered a new pressure washer from Amazon. Be here tomorrow he says. 

What did you get?    (Anticipating I would be told how many PSI, what brand, electric, battery or gas)

It’s orange.

I think I’ll just go upstairs and stitch.

9 comments:

  1. Lol. Sounds about right. We had to get a new one too this year. Old one wouldn’t stay running. Took it to someone to be fixed, worked long enough for him to power wash his 4 wheeler but when it came time to do the concrete around the pool wouldn’t stay running. Borrowed daughters to finish the pool area but he bought a new one. Now this was 2 months ago. I told him yesterday you want to try the new power washer out, the front porch needs to be done. We will see how long that takes.

    Diane in TN

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too funny! Typical guy response. Keep it in mind next time he asks you that same question. Enjoy your new tool when it arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are no words!!!!!
    And I feel your pain.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it happens here to , Happy Days .

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol! Oooooh the orange ones are the bestest! Ha! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like me.
    Every time I try to do something, it becomes a major project.
    That's how they make money these days, unfixable so you buy a new one.
    You'll be stylin' with that orange unit! :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds right! Love the featured picture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Giggles, I am amazed how so many things are replaced by new items and old ones are discontinued, it is very frustrating.
    I like the stitching idea better.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Smiling grimly over here. I get it. Hang in there. :O)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.