September 8, 2023

On the road again - Day Two and Three

Remember the movie line……if it is Wednesday we must be in Ireland?    Well I can’t even go by that.   Thank goodness I can look at my watch to find the day of the week.     Let’s see yesterday…..that was two states ago, let me think.    We hit an antique shop, a pottery shop, a boutique, a consignment shop, a Christmas Shop all before noon.   Someone, not me, got herself a spool cabinet, at 20% off.    She might put new knobs on it.

I can’t share my purchases because they are somewhere in the mess of the back of the Outback.   I can share that Big foot was seen at the pottery shop



We left the Zanesville area and we were off to Columbus OH.  We visited the German Village.  It is an historic neighborhood in Columbus.  Settled in the early 19th century by German immigrants.  It is full of quaint brick homes, numerous specialty shops, brick paved streets and wonderful restaurants with German food of course.   


We ate well at the Schmidt’s Sausage Haus.    



German potato salad, red cabbage (in a side dish), ham and cheese on a pretzel roll and German Iced Tea.   What is German Iced Tea?   I don’t know but it is made with Vodka!  Vicki had Sauerbraten, spaetzle, German potato salad, red cabbage.   I tasted hers and it was delicious as well.



On to walking the neighborhood…..





















It was a lovely area to walk through.


Left Ohio, drove through Indianapolis.  The Big Red Barn, aka Lucas Oil Stadium


And kept on driving to stay in Terre Haute.   We made no advance hotel reservations not wanted to be committed to have to get somewhere.   I did do an itinerary of ‘hope to be’ here by tonight stops so we could divided the miles evenly across the days.  


Up and at ‘em on Thursday morning we visited Cranberry Bog Cottage (on InstaGram and FB).   What an adorable cross stitch store.   Owner, Marilyn, couldn’t have been more pleasant.  Her shop is tucked into a neighborhood of the cutest bungalows.  She said commercial space is so very expensive that she worked for her better.   

Look how welcoming this entrance is!










Next post, the rest of Thursday…….The Gateway Arch in St. Louis.

Thanks for stopping by and joining my roadtrip.   

6 comments:

  1. Looks like Vickie hit the jackpot! Cranberry Bog looks like a really cute shop. I'm enjoying your travelogue..keep 'em coming!
    PS I love sauerbraten...looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sauerbraten was delicious. We are having a blast. Yes, Vicki got a deal.

      Delete
  2. Days 2 and 3 look awesome. Your lunch in the German restaurant looked delicious. What a wonderful place to walk around! Glad you were able to stop and visit at Cranberry Bog Cottage! Can't wait to read about day 4!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lunch was wonderful and great to get our steps in. I will have to share my purchases….just two charts and some floss. Getting ready to start a new day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous trip! Cranberry Bog is now on my bucket list of shops to visit.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great shop.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.