October 27, 2023

October 2023 Recap

Well could it be any wonder why I didn’t get much stitching done in October!?!   I just need to stay home now and again because stitching definitely does not happen at retreats!  But oh it is so nice to be with like minded friends.

For WIPGO, I have met the goal again!  I am going to be a definite participant again next year.  I have enjoyed the monthly challenges and met the all so far (jinx!).  My assignment for October was to work on a WIP, check.  I finished The Red Bird Sampler, from With Thy Needle and Thread - which in all honesty should have been done weeks ago.   Finished and at the framer already.

Doing this sampler has sparked me to want to work on more small samplers.   Maybe next will be Sally Spencer who is fully kitted and in my basket.


The other WIPGO assignment was to work on a class piece.    I put tiny amounts in two different pieces.   Dance of the Wildflowers Revisited, from Summer House Stitche Workes, 2022 Jamboree in OCMD class piece.    Basically I have one of the four sides completed. Forward progess is the important part.   








The second class piece is The Song Bird Signs from Blackbird Designs from Quilters Station in September 2023.   This is part of a SAL with my table mates from the retreat.   I fear I will be the one bringing up the rear on this piece but again forward progress is progress.  We check in the first of each month via Zoom so I have the weekend to get the leaf to the right of the bird stitched.


Crisp days and bright autumn colors are upon us and go ole pumpkin spice lattes.   The next few days will be unseasonably warm so I will be outside.  I do have a bunch of holiday season things I hope to work on in the next few weeks.   As always, the holidays seem to be here before we know it.   End of October until the end of the year always seems to be full of rushing to complete those things that have been on my drawing board all year.   One year, maybe, I will budget my time better!

I do have my Advent exchanges ready.   I swap boxes with four friends and each day of December we get to open a tiny gift.   Everything is bought and made, well, I should say started.   Some are wrapped, others are not.  It is fun to look forward to each morning in December to see what treasures await.

I hope you all are well and thanks for stopping by and most important, keep on stitching!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful sampler finish, Robin! Well done on meeting your WIPGO goals! I hope you have an enjoyable weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin in VA. I have my goals each month, that is until November. Not sure I will make it but there is still a lot of November left. Robin in NJ

      Delete
  2. Beautiful stitching! Congrats on the Red Bird Sampler finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri. I should have been done in half the time it took me. I love the colors in it and especially the smaller size. It makes it much more doable. Robin in NJ

      Delete
  3. Red Bird is so pretty.
    Love all of the other projects.
    Glad WIPGO worked out got you.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn. Yes, so far so good with WIPGO. Must be going alright as I am making a list for 2024 WIPGO. Robin in NJ

      Delete
  4. Greetings Robin: Red Bird is so pretty, I am looking forward to seeing it framed.
    Love the blue on Dance of The Wildflowers, Black Bird designs is beautiful design, you have a great start, I hope you have a wonderful stitching week.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine. I love the colors in Red Bird. As always, thank you for your comments. Robin in NJ

      Delete
  5. Your Red Bird Sampler is stunning...colors so bright and cheerful! Interested in how WIPGO works...maybe we can chat at the Guild retreat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stasi - So nice to spend time with you at Retreat. Yes, I love the colors or Red Bird Sampler and just got the call from the framer it is done. Win/win. Robin in NJ

      Delete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.