July 10, 2026

The heat is on……July

Has it been hot enough for you?  My back yard pegged at 107.6 at 2:54 on July 2.    I stopped looking at it after that.    And the last few days, has it been wet enough?   All I know is the weatherman better not say were are still in a drought!   Thank heavens for AC.   I feel for those in Europe who do not have AC.   

What about the FIFA games!  Those Norwegians (my ancestors!) sure are having fun with their Viking Row and what fun the Scots had with the traffic cones on all the statues.  Just good harmless fun.  Everyone is becoming fans.   And imagine having the claim to the fame of drinking not only a plane dry but also the city of Boston who needed emergency beer deliveries.   I feel like FIFA sure has been a goodwill event.  This could come down to England against Norway - my ancestors against my husbands.   

I finished the scrapbook.  Once I started it went smoothly.  I starting by sitting to review where I was and got back into what my thought process was.  I never respect the invisible pressure that is lifted once a job is completed.   And I never respect the time things take to do.  It is done and soon to be delivered.  

 I finished Liberty Inn from Chessie & Me.  It was one of  my WIPGO calls for July.  I recently saw a similar stitch finished on a paper book-like box and I think that is what I will do.  While I have a few Chessie & Me kits, I think this is the first I have stitch.   Such lovely threads and a good variety of stitches.     



My other WIPGO  call was Harvest Friendship.   I met the goal of 5 hours and then some.  Win win.  Somehow, side by side, it doesn’t look like much.  Any forward progress is good.

I got the floss I needed but have not yet finished June Merry Moments ornament from HOD.  I haven’t started the July ornament yet, the Quilt Gingerbread house.   Since I have been focused so far with these, I will make sure I get them done by the end of the month to keep my record ‘perfect’.

I put a lot of time in my French Alphabet.   

 

Most important - the border meets!   

I am looking forward to attending the Shakespeare’s Peddler event in Allentown, PA at the end of the week.    Hopefully I will keep a tight reign on the purse strings.    I plan to work on the outer border of the French Alphabet and have more progress to share next time.  

I am now ready to start an all-out 100% craft sort and purge at the end of the month.  I have been laying out a plan (in my bird brain) of where to start, what to eliminate.  I have bought some (Amazon!) storage bins and I am ready.   I am going into this knowing it will get worse before it gets better.    I acknowledge that there are things - while good things - that I will never use.   I know of a craft resale store and they are going to get a boatload when I am done.  I am hoping some young crafter with a limited budget and the desire to craft will find bargains.

Thanks for stopping by, stay safe in the heat - hydrate, don’t drown - go around high water, be kind because kindness matters and keep on stitching/crafting/creating!

8 comments:

  1. Oh if only we had AC. It reached 34°C here today, it's currently 11pm and still 27°C. The UK struggles with extreme weather be it a heatwave or an extremely cold snap, we are not equiped for either, lol. I have two fans in the room with me at the moment and will take them in the bedroom when I go up.
    Loved seeing your stitching, I haven't stitched much this year at all, but as I have a new grandson I will have to stitch him a birth sampler and a Christmas stocking at some point the same as i've done for the others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's some impressive stitching so far this month.
    Heat and rain, enough, but it sure did get green and lush.
    The purge, you know it will definitely get worse before it gets better, you know that
    I know this first hand. lol But a much lighter feeling after it is all done.
    Enjoy your weekend get a way and safe travels.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very hot here also, & a lot of storms.
    Have fun at the event!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here as far as the storms. And they are not reducing the heat at all. Some have been pretty violent - trees down - not in my area but close by. And torrential rains. Stay safe!

      Delete
  4. First things first, I love the new blog header, Robin. Can I say that I am tired of the heat and the humidity? It is simply gross. Even when the temp is in the upper 70s and low 80s, it is still just icky because of the humidity. Sad to say even with all the rain we have had, we are still in a drought. Okay, moving on! I love your Liberty Inn finish. I think you made awesome progress on Harvest Friendship because all that you added was solid stitching. Your French Alphabet is looking awesome and even better that the border meets. I hope you have a fantastic time at the retreat in Allentown at the end of the week. I am heading off to a girls' stitching weekend in the Lancaster weekend at the end of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS What type of storage boxes did you get for your sort and purge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I emailed you screen shot of my Amazon buys!

      Delete
  6. Wonderful stitching, as always, Robin! I particularly love the Chessie & Me finish--her designs are always so tempting to me. Great job on your decision to purge--I need to do the same! So, so many lovely things that I know I'll never get around to now that I'm in my 70s. Someone younger will certainly enjoy them. It's just getting started at a project like this that overwhelms me. Maybe watching your progress will inspire :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.