Almost no stitching happening between purging and traveling. But I can share some French Alphabet news. My good friend Pat was up for the challenge and offered her help. She even did a little trial run using three different methods. We both agreed on the fray check sample and she went to work with straight pins and a toothpick laying the fibers straight. I have not had the time to stitch the border motif for that area but today is another rain day in South Jersey so maybe today will be the day. Just to be safe, I may put a small/quarter sized piece of lightweight interfacing on the back after the stitching is done. I knew what had to be done but between dry eye issues and floaters I could not get a clear field of vision to do the work. Crisis averted and I am forever thankful to Pat who came to the rescue.
The craft purging and sorting has been completed. I won’t sugar coat it, it was eye opening, it was overwhelming, it was head scratching but it was rewarding. I have had that “oh no, where is……” moment already. I can’t say I have anymore room which surprises me with all I trashed or donated. The basket on the twin bed on the right is a collection of items for an upcoming EGA auction. I am thankful I have a bedroom for ‘all’ the things but really would love a dedicated stitching room/craft room. Happy for now that things are sorted and mess is gone.
Here’s another benefit of sorting the ‘things’. I had a three tiered stand on the kitchen counter that I decorate seasonal. My kitchen is not that large and it seemed to block the sight lines. I found this galvanized tray in the closet and re-arranged all my summer decor items in it. Much happier with the look now. The three-tiered stand will be going away.
I was able to add all the stitching from the blue line under the word ‘hornbook’. I would have like to get more done but one would actually have to sit down to stitch. This piece is 28 over one on banding.
I did not finish my HOD Patreon for July. And the August has been released. I want to complete July’s house, then work on the August house. Then and only then, the Tra La La design. Got to prioritize. A week in the Outer Banks coming up and a 3 day sleep over with the grands, it could be hard to get any appreciable stitching done.
Next up, I will share pictures of my trip to Williamsburg and a visit to the America’s Tapestry display at the Muscarelle Museum at the College of William and Mary.
Thanks for stopping by. Keep on smiling, keep on being grateful, keep on sharing and caring and….keep on stitching! R
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.