Not too much going on with me this month. I had hoped to deadhead and straighten the flower beds. So much rain here on the east coast that gardening didn’t happen. When we did have a nice day, my time was booked elsewhere. At least I took pleasure in watching the Monarchs flit about while eating lunches on the deck.
I do need repot my Christmas cacti before bringing them in. I put them outside for the summer and they really did fabulous. The cactus doubled in size. I read that they are from THE Amazon and although a cactus, they like more water than I have been giving them. I also bought myself an orchid. I had orchids for a while and really enjoyed them. The last two I had were never blooming and I just said “the end” to them. But a few years have passed and I ready to try again. Two ice cubes every Friday and fertilize the first Friday of the month. We shall see. I also need to repot my asparagus fern/s before bringing them in from their summer outside. I am going to try placing one in the bathroom to see if the humidity in there helps.
I found a bit of stuff that I had not purged……what!?! We had a roof leak. Unfortunately it turned out it was a flashing issue on a dormer here , a seal issue on a vent pipe there, a seal on a roof vent in another place and multiple nail pops. Wait and see and monitor/new roof in my immediate future? The initial frenzy was “find the prior roof installation paperwork” and “find the solar panel installation paperwork”. This lead me done the path of sorting the file cabinet of all our paperwork. I hate to admit there was a box tucked under my desk where I threw “things to be filed”……yikes! I used to pride myself on how perfectly I kept my files until I turned the bill paying over to Mr. W about 25 years ago. At the time I was working in a school business office dealing with paperwork and filing and then changed jobs with my of my responsibilities being the Company archives and retention…..filing was the last thing I wanted to do at home. No need to keep receipts from 1993. Sales slips from furniture we no longer own. Owner’s manuals from long gone appliances. Tax returns well over ten years old. You get the picture. Two boxes of shredding later and all paperwork now neat and orderly! And I mean to keep it that way. Ha!
I did stitch and finish this potty humor for my sister. She has built-ins with nothing but blue and white dishes. This will look perfect. Poor lighting, it is Michael’s Navy from WDW on white linen. Benjamin Franklin Quotes from Plum Street’s Platitude from 2026 Needlework Market.
I almost finished Jeweled Baubles! I ordered the bead kit when I got the pattern. When I started putting the beads on I used the called for Mill Hill seed beads provided. Then I came across even smaller seed beads that were in the packet. I removed the Mill Hill and used the smaller seed beads and am happy with the result. It was more the color than the size. And see how I sabotage myself…..almost done stitching and I have to jump to the beading! I have one ornament to finish the stitching on but I couldn’t wait to see how the beads changed the appearance. I only wish the camera could catch how pretty this is. I have two more days in September, one can hope. I will push on until completed. Yippee! Another WIPGO soon to be off my list. This pattern is a pdf from Shannon Christine.
For finishing, I prepped what I could so I could hand sew while visiting my sister. Jeannette Douglas Designs. Not only am I getting things stitched, I am getting things fully finished.
I got this fabulous piece of red fabric from Number 12 Stitch Company - several of us shared the order to cut down on the postage. It is for Tomato/Tomahto from Needle & Moss. I only kind of liked the pattern until I saw it fully finished with green floss substituted for the white floss and I was immediately in love! I really do want to start it but I am holding to at least one more WIPGO (after Jeweled Baubles) finished before I do. Hmmm, what will it be? Should I follow the calendar or pick the one closest to completion? That would only make sense or is it better to stay the course? My board, my rules…… Thanks Barb for coordinating the fabric purchase (in other words, enabling!) I actually think I will hold off on a new start and plan ahead. I have a large wool table runner I would love to prep and take with me to Tennessee in November. So easy to sit and blanket stitch once everything is in place. No chart to have to keep looking at. Hmmm, it’s a thought circling in the back of my scattered brain. We will all have to see what bubbles up! Then again I may change my mind several times before that.
Coming up in October, I will be Colorado for 8 days. It is a reunion with a group of girlfriends. Excursion booked for Pike’s Peak, entry passes for Rocky Mountain State Forrest secured, going to Colorado Cross Stitcher’s shop and also plan to see the Garden of the Gods. One more state to cross off my list. I think it makes 39 states I have visited. Will I ever get to all 50? Not likely. I actually have no desire to go to Hawaii. I think it is the long flight. For island paradise, Jamaica is much closer.
As always, thank you so much for stopping by to read about my goings-on. Remember kindness does matter. Give a hug/get a hug! And whatever comes your way, keep in stitching!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.