Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The 2011 i-Challenge - a finish

I finshed up the stitching on my Prairie Sampler Friendship Star Puzzle Purse. I had never done the Nun Stitch but quickly got into a rhythm - not without a couple of counting re-starts.
 After completing the Nun Stitch all around, I pulled threads to make it viusally easier to see where to cut.

It always makes me nervous to 'cut' my piece but I did.


   I hope to find the right fabric from my ever-increasing staff of fabric to use to back it and plan to work on the 'finishing' this week as I am anxious to learn to/master the folding.   I plan to post the progress and mastering of the folding!

Finishing this one, allowed me to stay on schedule of one completion per month.  Pretty meager compared to some but realistic to me.   I plan on knocking out 3 i-Challenge project this month by completing 3 Challenge WIP's that are each more than halfway completed.   WOW!  That will make a huge dent in my challenge.

8 comments:

Hazel said...

It is really pretty Robin. Love the nun stitch. x

Jules said...

Very nice finish!

Stitching Cat said...

Love your finish. Is this an OOP chart? I had not seen it before and tried searching for it but have been unsuccessful. Looking forward to seeing it finished. Deb

Ma Teakettle said...

Oh Robin, your finished piece is gorgeous! I just love the colors! The Nun stitch is so cool. I can't wait to see the grand finish, I just know it will be fab.

I get so nervous anytime I have to cut my fabric after a finish, it feels like I am cutting a friend :)

Hugs
Ma

Meari said...

Congrats on your finish!

Pumpkin said...

Congrats Robin! Lovely piece :o) It's always scary when we have to cut something we've worked so hard at. LOL!

Mylene said...

A lovely finish! I haven't seen this design of PS earlier.

Siobhan said...

Beautiful finish! I am always nervous cutting into my stitching--just seeing that pic makes me nervous! LOL I'm sure your finishing will be wonderful.