March 10, 2018

Steering

While I have been on this binge/purge march right down the yellow line parade route of mine I came across so many UFO's.   I decided I really need to make an effort to make some progress on them.    One January several years ago I started that whole stitch-a-different-project every day for 15 days and then rotate through each one to work towards completion.  I found that I just ended up with a ba-zillion starts and slow finishes so I kind hit a road block.

Currently I have my own strange rotation. I have my floor stand project and my lap project which is also my lunch time/stitching group project. I have been happy with that amount of diversion.    But I am about to add to this route to map out another direction. Who know how long it will last or if I will be successful.  It's a journey remember.

I really, really, REALLY need to work on Corsica River.   It is just so large and so overwhelming that I steer clear of it too.   I have decided to make this my Sunday project.  Any stitching done on Sunday's will be on Corsica River.   Pat and Anne gave me good hints today for helping me see my progress.   Pat likes to take photos and look back at how far she has come.  Anne suggested placing a pin at where I am when I am at the start of the month and then look back so see how far I have come.    Both good ideas to help me measure my progress and give myself some encouragement.  Slow and steady I will get there.

I pulled this Chester County Sampler out of the basket of shame.   It has sat in the darkness of the closet for several years.   This is going to be my Saturday project.  I sidelined this because it has so many Algerian eyes.   Duh, it's a sampler so of course there is a sampling of Elizabeth Pusey's speciality stitches and not just cross stitch but all those Algerian eyes is why I parked it.   One letter at a time is how I will measure progress here.  The cool thing about this one is that I have seen the original at the Chester County Historical Society.  I really want to cross this off my list.

I have just a wee bit of progress on Quaker Halloween.    This is going to be my Monday to Friday pre-work project.  I am almost done two of the six pages of the pattern.   And of course, I have seen the new Quaker Christmas from Lila's Studio.   I would be rash to promise being able steer clear of purchasing it.





















Now for a take-a-long project........not sure what that is going to be but I have a thought.    I have been searching for this project for a couple of years.  (yes, years!) I remembered purchasing it at a quilt show but when I went looking for it I couldn't find it.  Every visit to the quilt show, I wouldn't buy it because I knew I had it.  Imagine my surprise when putting away fat quarters recently and there it was.  All my in and out of my storage boxes of fat quarters and I never saw it in any of the boxes makes no sense.   I don't know what logic had me put it away there but it must have made sense at the time.  This should be an easy take-a-long piece.    My recent taste of surface embroidery might be driving this project.  I've also got to stitch up an exchange piece for the Prim Stitchers Retreat in June.......another take-a-long possibility.


At least that is my plan for navigating my world of stitching for today......no telling where my thoughts will steer me tomorrow.

Oh and one more thing.....

I started and finished up this basket tag in two days this week.  The basket was a thank you gift from the shop owner of Stitch by Stitch, Cape May, NJ at retreat this past fall.   The teacher that weekend was Cathy Haberman of Hands On Design.   Cathy gifted us with the complete kit for stitching and finishing the basket tie-on.    I might take it to work for my desk......except that I have removed almost all my personal items from my desk when I started my retirement countdown.

Thanks for stopping by and keep on stitching!

7 comments:

  1. Good for You! I have always troubles coming back to my WIPS. Congrats that you have heart to do so. The pieces are very lovely.
    Basket looke lovey and will be very useful fo sure.
    And, by the way, I have nt a basket of shame - I have all big box of it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitching plan sounds like a good one. That truck embroidery project is adorable as are the fat quarters with it. I like your basket tag you stitched and finished. Enjoy the coming week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have a good plan to put in motion. The basket and tag is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great little projects in progress! I'm always amazed with how much time cross stitch takes....so when I sit and stitch for hours and see very little progress...it's easy to see what it ends up in a UFO basket...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Robin: I am working on constructing some of the stuff I have stitched in the past, I do not do more then one design at a time due to I would not ever get them done, you hav3 a great plan, I look forward to seeing your progress.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robin: The basket is beautiful, Vintage Holiday Is adorable, I am looking forward to seeing the finish.
    Chester County is lovely, I am totally in love with the Quaker Halloween.

    Happy Stitching
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.