May 22, 2010

Too Good to be true

So far, everything I have done has fallen right into place today which is scaring me.   Hopefully the luck will continue and my powerball numbers will be selected tonight.  Can you imagine?  I would never run out of things to sew, or stitch, or quilt, or bake or the time to do it all..... I think on my wish list to do would be to create the ultimate studio!......what a dreamer I am......

First and foremost, I went to the framers with my piece.  The guy was giving me the run a round a bit telling me that fabric has a mind of it's own, the stitch tension might be off, and making it straight in some areas might make it worse it others causing it to bunch.  He was cordial and more than agreeable (even though I interupted his texting)  and more than willing to see what he could do but he was making no promsies.  Well, I debated about leaving it for fear it would end of worse than it was.   I think his speal was the 'management answer' to defend the workmanship.   Whatever.   End result, at no charge, he is going to remount it and makes no promises.   And really that is all I can ask.  It will be done by Friday so depending what holiday weekend traffic is like going to the beach.....I may venture to get it. 

Next to Home Depot and while I was looking for a receipt, I found two $50 gift cards and one gift card with $13.97 on it......so I shopped for free!  I was able to get the two types of filter media I need for my pond filters.   They are so old that I do not believe they have any filtration ability left to them.   The pumps and cases are fine and I hate the throw away society that wants me to trash it all and buy complete new units as is all I can seem to find on the internet.   Luckily, HD had just the parts I needed and in a two pack to boot!   Next stop the sewing store for the walking foot I needed for my machine.....I was prepared.  I have heard the shop owner is a high pressure sales woman and suggests the higher ticketed items.  I reseached the internet for types and costs.  One of ladies in my quilt class reported paying $70 for her walking foot and I was not going to do that when I could get it for $29.95 on the internet!  My luck continued and it was $29.95. 


Sew, it was overcasted and spitting with rain by the time I got home so I set myself straight to the sewing machine to do the machine quilting.   That was more good luck.   Had it been nice I would have cut the grass and not sewn.  Some of the stitching in the ditch looks great and then there are other parts..........

It was beautiful and sunny by the time I was done (except for the moment I snapped the photo!) and I got the brilliant idea to hang it from the clothesline while I removed the pins and trimmed threads. Anything to be outside.   All and all I am pleased.  Tonight I will hand stitch the binding and can't wait to wash it.   The batting I used it the kind that is supposed to make it all rippling like your grandmom's quilt when it is washed. 

Hopefully I can post the completed quilt tomorrow as well as my progress on my Blue Ribbon design.   I am ahead of my goal for one motif a day......85 days to completion.   It is more like 2 motifs a day and a 45 days completion......there may be a day I don't stitch but I can't imagine what day that would be.  lol

3 comments:

  1. Absolutley stunning quilt! I love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, I think I need to come stand next to you and let a little of that luck rub off on me! Great job on the quilt--love the fabrics. Did you just do stitch in the ditch or did you also try a pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful day to me. I hope your framed piece comes back better than the first time. Aye-aye-aye.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.