June 9, 2010

Why does an upgrade usually make things less?

I went to the LNS near my office.   It is a tiny place but has always been full of fabric choices as well as pattern choices.   The thing I most loved about the store was the many many finishes they had displayed. In particular, were the non-framed finishes.   But yesterday when I arrived, I see their improvement....they have enlarged.   They are housed in the bottom floor of an old building in an historical section of town.  They shared the space with a stamping store and were divided by a pony walls of sorts.   (Is it still a pony wall when it is 10 ft tall but the ceilings are 15th tall?)   Anyway, their space has doubled and as usual their displays are well arranged and spot on.  A larger framing area is now located in the rear.  But..............there didn't seem to be as many patterns; their fabric selection was 1/3 of what it was; patterns were arranged in several different little groupings and not all one area; there was not as much finished eye candy to check out.....but alas progress.   I just hope it was my speed shopping that didn't allow me to enjoy the new digs.   I really hate when improvement does that.   Haven't you all had a favorite store or even restaurant that you loved only to have it loose it's appeal when it renovated?   Seems to loose its charm.   I will have to shop again when I am not in a hurry and not accompanied by a non-stitcher...........hmmm, me thinks that could have influenced me. 

2 comments:

  1. No such thing over here lol. I have to travel very far to get to the nearest LNS and the staff are that miserable that I don't like to stay long anyway. Online it is for me. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it looks like less because the store is bigger. Hopefully things may just be packed up in the back and they'll bring more out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.