November 14, 2010

Eeeeeeeuuuuuuuhhhhh!

 Or however you spell the word associated with GROSSNESS!   I need a preliminary statement here about the cleanliness of my house.   My matra has always been "clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy".  That said, I know I am cleaner then most but not as fanatical as some but I am feeling creepy crawly right about now.  

 I went upstairs - the empty part of the my empty nest where my sewing room is - and starting the cleaning of the windows and mirror in the bath.    The window had not been shut or sealed all the way and I had a whole lot of those nasty stick bugs that everyone is complaining about all fall.   They were all in the window mechanism when I tilted the window in the wash.   I can tell you the Windex may not kill them but it will render them 'stunned' long enough to flick them outside.   EEEUUUUUUUUHHHHHH!

   Not only that, when I moved the curtains there were a bunch in the folds of the curtains so out the windows I threw the curtains, rod and all.   I have no clue nor do I care what the neighbors raking their leaves next door thought when they saw that like exhibit of craziness! Yuck!  Who knew an internet search for images would produce so many varietys.   I am not sure which ones I saw flicked out the window at the other end of my screw driver! And I have an exterminator come regularly!   These little critters are keeping me from potential stitching time!

3 comments:

  1. awwwwww yucko pachuey! I hate bugs and send you so many hugs...and a high five for bravery in the line of duty! ;)
    XOXO
    Ma TK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yuck! Bravo to you for chucking their nastiness right out - Worry about what the neighbors think later!

    The stink bugs sure have been awful here this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeeeewwwww! I picked up a beetle with a paper towel in the bathroom at work and he stunk all over my hand. It wouldn't wash off either! I use the broom & dustpan now, just in case!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.