November 14, 2010

Two Birds Crewel Work


My class progress

A closer view of Mrs. Bird

Or as some of us said, Two Cruel Birds.....for those of us that are cross stitchers exclusively it is hard to make that transition from structure to total free form.  Crewel is just that, it is what the instructed called, painting with thread.    This is part of my discovery from the crewel class yesterday with my guild.   Funny thing is as we all chatted we found many of us started with crewel work in the 70's when the patterns and wools used were limited.  For me, this is a fun project. 
I liked adding the leaves and berries

What a differnece adding the eye made and I am loving the beak
  Since it was a 'pilot class' and they were trying to keep the costs down I don't have color pix of the completed project.  Before week's end I should be receiving them by email not only to share but for my (much needed) benefit.

And now because I have been a crafting fool for two days and nights, I need to get my butt in gear and get some things done around here.

Thanks for visiting and I really enjoy the comments.   For regular followers make sure you check out the photos I uploaded of My Trash and Your Treasure.......Have a great week everyone.............

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that must have been so difficult...not having a chart to follow, I'd go crazy! But it looks amazing, nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! The detail and dimension is great - I love the beak too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be stunning, I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.