January 23, 2011

BOM Club

Pieced but not sewn.

Or better known as Block of the Month Club!  Quilting is new to me but I joined a BOM at the local quilt shop anyway.   It is not like I don't have too many projects already but that is whole other story.   So, the first month, a simple pinwheel.    I finally managed some cutting and sewing machine time last night while Mr. W was still outside in his little (heated) mancave.  Silly man.  Why do men insist upon hanging out in their garages instead of the warmth and comfort of being inside?  One of the mysteries of the universal I guess. 
My sister project
As I said, not that I don't have too many started/in progress project already, what's one more?   I decided to sew an additional quilt top using the BOM pattern and fat quarters from my stash each month.   I am using Civil War prints for the 'sister' quilt.   I also am making smaller squares that I plan to use as the boder.  

I had an idea for a fundraiser for my local community group and that was to auction a quilt.   No one seemed to be interested in pursuing a sewing friend to assist and while they thought it was a good idea, there were a lot of alligators in the room.   Meaning all of a sudden everyone had short arms that couldn't be raised.   Most often alligator arms are witnessed in a bar when the tab comes and they can't reach into their pockets to chip in or to pay!   Anywho!......I am thinking that the red and green may be the one I complete to auction off.   In the end, the top will have only cost me $5 - the price of the first block.   If we show up the first Wednesday of each month with the previous month completed, we get the next month free.   So $5 and my time, which we know is priceless, and I will be learning some skills along the way.   Stay tuned for the progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.