November 21, 2012

Again, with the afraid of myself!

I have the futon opened, made up with clean sheets, pillows, blankets and fresh towels in my sewing room.   I have the aero beds all blown up with clean sheets, pillows, blankets and towels in the other upstairs bedroom and all by Tuesday night!    I even made some of the hors d'oeuvres.  Lucky Amy won't have to be tortured into making the subs on a stick this year!

 Between all the B-L-T's (bites/licks/tastes) I ate so much Cream Cheese and Beef dip and olives, pickles and cheese while making these I didn't need dinner!  Can you tell all the family is coming home for Thanksgiving?  Usually everyone arrives over the course of the afternoon and evening and the good cheer starts and laughter, confusion, and luggage and dogs and we scramble upstairs to make beds before we have one too many glasses of wine.  Not this year. Like I said, I could be afraid of myself!  Once I pick up Miss Amy at the train station tomorrow afternoon all I will have left to do is bake a couple of pies and enjoy a glass of pinot.


Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.   No pressure, just good food, family and an occasional drop in friend and of course the potential for a nap after dinner.
I remember getting up early to get the turkey in the oven before heading out in the cold weather to watch a high school football game and coming home to the fabulous aroma of the turkey cooking.   This year the weather may be mild but the smells, the good food, and the laughter will be there while we enjoy each others company and remember the many blessings we have to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.