December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year one and all!   Doing things very low keyed here to ring in the new year.   I have only been out to celebrate once on New Year's Eve and tonight I will not be making it twice.    I will be all snuggled, with a cup of  coffee ~ Irish coffee maybe ~ , a blanket, the fire place roaring to take the chill off and watching Harry Potter with my stitching in hand.  Can you believe I had never seen ANY Harry Potter movies?!  I got the dvd's for Christmas and tonight I will watch #3 while I stitch.     Really exciting huh?     Mr. W. could care less about going out.   I have some parties I could go to but since it is really a couples night I'll be just as happy with my Irish Coffee or maybe it will be some Bailey's Irish Creme on the rocks.....hmmm  With these thoughts,  I gladly let the revelers have their night out.

So while others are out celebrating, I will start the evening with some time on a new website and a new blog I am developing (more info to follow on both) and I will follow that with stitching away to finish my BRD Little Quakeresque.   I had thought I could finish it by my self-imposed deadline, in any other month I could have, but not in December.  Not as much stitching time.   So rather than stress about it I will be pleased with my progress.  It is getting close!


The photo doesn't show it but the linen has gotten stained over the course my stitching journey.   I think I will try coffee staining once it is completed and before framing.   Maybe I will try it on a piece of linen with no stitching first to see what effects I can create.   I am sure there are more than a few tutorials out there to tell me what to do.




I did a quick knit up of another novelty scarf.   My extent of knitting.  I can knit but I am not a serious knitter and have not been (or maybe, yet to be) bitten by the bug to get in head over heels with knitting.   First hint that I am not a serious knitter.....look at the gigantic needles I am using for 4, yes 4, stitches.   For now, it is novelty scarves with the thoughts of a Fair Isle Sweater in the far corners of my mind as something I could recognize in a catalog.

Not even making any New Year's resolutions here. What a lump I am!  Kind of made a resolution back in the fall to live a more active life which I thought would mean weight loss.   I was wrong.   So I see no need to place additional stress on oneself and then be made to feel bad you don't get the intended outcome.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!                                                           Wishing all a safe evening surrounded by friends and loved ones, wishing all a bright and happy new year filled with good fortune and good health.  Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Wishing you and yours a Happy and Healthy New Year. Great stitching and knitting. Hoping to learn to Knit this year as it was a goal for last year I really need to focus on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fabulous way to ring in the new year... Hope to get some good laughs in with you in 2013!!! Enjoy that coffee... definitely make it Irish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very Happy New Year, Robin!
    Hugs and kisses
    Ma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.