Not resolutions really but my 2014 Goals -
- Continue the weight loss (hopefully the holiday cookies and candy did not reverse ALL my progress to date).
- Be more consistent with my fitness routine striving for small changes.
- Stop wasting time.
- Curtail my extensive side-track issues.
- Stop putting off things.
- Concentrate on two WIP projects at a time to get them completed. Alternately adding another WIP or a new stitching project as a reward for each finish. [What a hoot! Maybe a better challenge would be to organize/count ALL the WIP's I have ;-) ].
- Stitch from my stash. There is an internet challenge some are doing but I am not putting the 'challenge' pressure on myself. This is just me, on my own, planning to shop my stash.
- Finish two quilt projects - both are so close! - and only then start another.
- Just simply Finish! some already stitched items in the basket o' finishes.
- Sort, organize and purge 38 years of marital/homeowner paperwork. This is a job I start at least once a year but seem to get distracted before I finish. Why why why do I have owner's manuals for appliances I no longer own? In my defense, I did manage to cull down from 5 xerox boxes to 2 and did sort all the family photos last year. Now to finish the job in 2014.
- Make a list and hire a handyman to fix all the 'little' things around the house.
- Read 12 books. In 2013 I set my goal at 12 in Goodreads and managed to read 18.
- Purge closets, drawers, attic spaces of items that haven't seen the light of day in years and send it all for Goodwill or somewhere similar! (I am sure there will be enough to outfit a consignment store booth!)
- Last but not least - Be kind to Robin this year - Just like my friend Shirley has decided to do. I am the only one that can make this happen by setting my limits for what I allow myself to get roped into by others. Learn it is OK to say no.
Rereading my list it may sound ambitious but it is downsized from what I usually expect from myself! I will have to re-visit the list same time next year to see how I did!
One last finish for 2013 to share. This was enjoyable to do and I am sure there are more like this in my future. It is from Lily Anna's Designs.
I hope to snag an hour or two on New Year's Day to do the finishing.
Used my fancy pants new camera for these shots.
So happy new year one & all and one & all be kind to yourself too!