June 28, 2015

Stitching from Stash

Over the last year or so I have been seeing others posts their "stitch from stash" progress and have had my interest piqued.   I wandered over to Epic Stitching and read up on the rules and rewards.   I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I didn't have to wait until January to join up.  Mel is having a half year enrollment.   How's it work?   You have a 'budget' you pledge to stick to and honestly report what you spent on needlework supplies each month.    You use a $25.00 monthly allowance (your money) and deduct what is spent on supplies each month carrying over any 'left-over' money to the next month.  Framing, needles, q-snaps and the like are exempt from reporting.   You must post by the 28th of each month on your buying and stitching for the month.  There are 'points' to be earned for work completed each month which convert to adding more $$ to your virtual budget.   Non-bloggers can enrolled via email.   So I signed up effective July 1st. I hope I will be diligent with posting my monthly progress and be even more diligent with staying on 'budget'.    This could be a win win....blog hopping with other participants to see their work, stash reduction and preparing for fixed income of retirement!  (which is still a couple years out).   I'd better build up that bank of $$ before I hit Salty Yarns in OCMD in October!  That could be a painful reporting month considering my past spending amounts!


Here is what I decided on to give me my red, white and blue fix......of course a decision really couldn't be narrowed down.    I found these three in my stash, each was already kitted and on my radar to be done.   I quickly stitched up this Pine Mountain - July Expressions.   These are the best for being a little project to carry along and do at lunch time.   It took a few stitches to get used to Aida instead of linen but the trade off is no need for cheaters!




One down and next up....


....this other quickie - July Typography by Pine Mountain.   Not sure about the rest of you fellow stitchers but I for one am filling up my wall space.  I am liking stitching up holiday themed pieces that can be rotated out through the year.  Hopefully this can be completed by the 4th.  I hosting a big  birthday bash for my daughter on the 4th and these will be the perfect accents to the decorations.

Finally finished "To Kill a Mockingbird"and absolutely loved the book.   Just like Steel Magnolias, The Bodyguard, JFK and Pretty Woman are movies I watch over and over, this is a book I will reread.  Picked up and read "The Best of Me" by Nicholas Sparks in about three days.  Still dealing with this nasty annoying Achilles issue but I am actually experiencing some occasional pain free time but still no treadmill or extensive walking.   Oh it is hell to get old!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week all!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip Robin...I had no idea that we could join up mid-year! I'm heading over there next. :)
    Your July Expressions is fabulous! I love your finish, and just in time for the 4th...and your July Topography is really fun, and coming along nicely...not to mention those awesome scissors and fob, love!
    I haven't read Harper Lee in years and years...it is an awesome book indeed, one of my favorites! Another one of my favorites is great classic "A Tree Grows In Brooklyn"
    Have a great week
    Hugs
    Ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your stitching , what great colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super 4th finish! I agree with you about the Pine Mountain pillow pieces; they do make good travel/lunch time/appointment companions.

    Happy birthday wishes to your daughter!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin, "To Kill a Mockingbird" is my favorite book of all time. Can't wait for "Go Set a Watchman" to be released. It's the story of a grown-up Scout and was actually written before "To Kill a Mockingbird".
    Anyway, if you get a chance to see the movie with Gregory Peck, it is excellent also.

    Love your patriotic stitching. Tis the season!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.