July 24, 2015

Stitch from Stash - July

My first Stitch from Stash post.

For the month of July

Monthly allowance           $25.00
Amount spent                     $0.00
Credit for finish                  $8.00
(Pine Mountain July Typography)
Amount to carry forward  $33.00

So I get it, this Stitch from Stash may not be for everyone.  But face it, many of us use a different mind game as an "incentive" or "trick" to get the stitches done.  You may save a favorite project for Sunday's or do the crazy start January Challenge as a stash buster.  I admit to doing each!  I am at a point in my life that I have enough disposable income I could could buy until I could open my own store!!  Time to reign me in!  Realistically I need to reduce the S.T.A.B.L.E. Stash that I possess therefore, a litte trickery with Stitch from Stash!

3 comments:

  1. Good for you, Robin! It would be easier not to make purchases if there weren't those that scream buy me, buy me now. Enjoy your weekend!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, so here's the plan to build the bank for Salty Yarns in Oct.
    July carried forward $33.
    Aug 10 finishes @ 8.00 ea 80.
    Sept 10 finishes @ 8.00 ea 80.
    Aug no purchases 25.
    Sept no purchases 25. grand total $243. for retreat.
    You can always sneak in the Oct. no purchases and 10 finishes ($105).
    All you have to do is rearrange the working, eating and sleeping part.
    Hope you are having a fabulous weekend dear friend.
    Shirley =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the SFS challenge. I have very little disposable income so it helps focus my mind on what I really want!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.