April 22, 2018

In the Mood

No really, I was in MOOD!   If you don't know what Mood is, think Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn and Project Runway.   Project Runway is one of only two reality shows (the other is the Amazing Race) I watch.

I took a bus trip from Mt. Airy with the Handcraft Workshop to NYC yesterday with my daughter. What a great day we had.

You know you are in the garment district when you see this giant button and needle.


Overwhelming....where to start!


Alcoves and alcoves like this filled with trims.

and aisles and aisles and floors of floor to ceiling racks like this.

Women on my bus actually had suitcases they filled with fabric.  And I am not talking the weekender sized suitcase!  

And this is what I bought.
Chinese braid.....we were told by the tour leader, when in doubt, buy three yards.   At $0.75 a yard, that is what I did.  The cutters were very interested in what I was making with all these trims.

These are the only thing I bought at Mood with a project in mind.   Albeit, one project and one button is needed but I am not sure which one would work best.    A finished to be shared soon.

 Seam binding, this was 4 yards for a dollar.    A no brainer right?  I don't know why I gravitated to the same colors.   Next time, I will take a list!




























Mini pom-pom trim.    See why they wondered what I was doing.   They must have been thinking I was making one wild garment!

 1/4-inch twill ribbon....this may have been $1.00 a yard.
 There were so many colors to choose from.  I don't each have a project in mind for anything but the buttons!


 The city is an overload to your senses.   City streets and pretty parks
The weather was perfect and it was a beautiful day to visit the Big Apple.


 Lunch was at Pig and Whistle on 39th Street.   A great Irish Pub that Heather I found.  I recommend the Jamison Honey Bee and Ginger Ale.

 On to Gotham Quilts.  For yardage,  I got a yard of this cute winter themed fabric.   I plan to stitch the Lizzie Kate Snowman series as ornaments and this will make a great backing for them.
 Also at Gotham Quilts, I got this roll of fat quarters.   The girls and I plant to revisit our 4th of July sew-a-thon long week this year and we are making project bags.  I've got the fabric!


We also went to Purl Soho.   A great yarn and fabric shop.  I didn't take any photos there because I had discovered at this point that every time I took a photo, Heather took a photo of me taking a photo and was subsequently posting them to her twitter account.  Brat!  hmm, I will have to see what I need to do to get her back.

Next up for me, yard work and then to figure a way to stow and store my goodies.  Have a great week and keep on stitching.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking me along on this really cool trip! Something I will most likely never get to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun outing you had! I really like the trims you ended up with and look forward to seeing which button you use for your project. The winter fabric will make great backing for the LK stitches. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to go to Mood Fabrics. I think the trim you purchased was very nicely priced which I didn't expect since it's in NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never thought I'd be able to say NYC and affordable in the same sentence...but, you really did find some great trims at great prices! Irish pubs are so fun...love the food!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can say is that I am SO very jealous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great finds!!
    I would love to go there.
    We used to have a Pig 'n Whistle here, but it closed years ago.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome shopping trip! That Pom Pom trim is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.