July 22, 2018

Some finishes

Yesterday I attended my EGA's Christmas in July.    We had some great projects.  And better yet, I have even finished two of the three.

First, ribbon candy.   This is the sample.   The pattern is Ribbon Candy Ornament by Calico Crossroads.


Stitched on perforated paper, this is my progress---that's a 15 inch log piece of paper.   It's a lot of stitches!

These are little 2 1/2 inch by 2 1/2 inch paper boxes created and personalized.   Paper and ribbon is from Stampin' Up.   Pattern from www.pootles.co.uk/2015/05/22  Good for party favors, votive candles,  hostess gifts, showers.   Change them up with any color and paper combinations.

And last was this design from The Drawn Thread.  I put the final stitches in it this morning.   I changed it up a bit by adding beads and mixed smyrna crosses in with the algerian eyes.  Got an idea of how I am finishing it....but that is another day.


Other things I have been working on.  I have finished a quilt top.  This is from a weekend retreat a couple years ago held by The Quilt Box in Exton, PA.  



I have been working on it for about a half hour each morning assembling the rows before work.  I am ready to make that quilt sandwich and put on the binding which will have to wait.  Mr. William is coming for a visit next weekend.   He is coming by train and of course he is bringing his mom with him.  I need to decommission the dining room as quilt central for their visit.


And trust me, all my corners do not meet so nicely.   I was editorial with what I shared!

Buddy has helped me when I worked on the binding.




















And a class finish to share.   I took a class in the end of June with Beth Seal of Summer House Stitche Workes at Stitches Unlimited in Lancaster PA.  It is called "My Grandmother's Needlebook" 





Here I have it paired here with a bag I purchased from Faye Rigsby, The Carolina Stitcher.    This was from the Prim Stitchers Retreat.   Beth Seal provided the motif to attendees prior to the retreat.   If we brought the stitched piece and two 1/2 yards of fabric, Carolina Stitcher made you a bag

The smaller bag was a gift to attendees at the Prim Stitchers Retreat.  It was also stitched by Carolina Stitcher and part of our welcome package.

This has become my grab and go bag for working or when heading out the door to a friends to stitch.

Hope to keep up this wave of finished projects as well as hope to return to more frequent posts and more important to catch up on all the blog posts I have missed.

Thanks for stopping by and keep on stitching.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my, such a gorgeous needlebook! This makes such a nice set of stitching helpers. The finishing is really superb. Your quilt turned out so nice. I don’t worry too much about matching points, you just don’t see them in a finished quilt unless they are really terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super post to read this afternoon! I really like that ribbon candy ornament. Very cool! Great finishes with the Summer House Stitche Worke pieces and your bag is pretty. Congratulations on getting your quilt top finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your finishes are great. Faye's bag matches so nice with your stitched pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute projects, that Ribbon Candy is cute!
    Love the Beth Seal design, so pretty.
    And your project bag is awesome, very pretty as well.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robin, you have been a busy bee and are a 'jack of all trades'!!! The Christmas projects are adorable--what fun!
    Your piece from Summer House is lovely; I love the color palette. Keep 'em coming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Beth Seal piece is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robin: Your class projects are beautiful, how nice Carolina Stitcher made the bag for you and such a pretty color.
    Your Snowman is adorable, the Ribbon candy is a sweet design, loving the box's they are adorable.
    The quilt top is beautiful, I hope you post a photo of it quilted.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all, I have to say your little grandson is SUCH a cutie :) I am still waiting to be a grandma--and not very patiently!

    Love your stitching especially that gorgeous needlebook. Sounds like a wonderful retreat with all those goodies and Faye's beautiful bags :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Robin,
    Congrats on the class finish! Looking forward to seeing it "in person" in the future.
    And, thanks again for the gift box project. I love my little box. It was a great, feel-good project.
    Just finished my snowman also. I did small diamond eyelets with one strand of floss, instead of the two sizes of square eyelets. Am going to attempt the suggested finishing method, later.
    LynnB

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.