July 15, 2018

More chocolates


I must be on a sweet tooth roll.  This is something I stitched this years ago.   I am not quite sure but I think it was a Little House Needleworks chart.   I had the vision to make it into a box of candy.  



Before I started to assemble it, I decided to backstitch the pink border as well as each chocolate piece. I got the mat board cut, I then wrapped it with fabric for both the inner and outer box and then stitched the box pieces together.  I cut layers and layers and more layers of batting and laced the stitched piece over the batting with a mat board base.  

All that was left to do was to put it in place with some acid-free double-sided table.  Not my best finishing job but from the top of the bridge it is ok.  
 But more important, one less unfinished finish in my completed projects baskets.  

Thanks for stopping by and keep on stitching!

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I stitched on of these candy patterns eons ago and my mother had it framed rather than wait for me to finish it. Probably a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully finished. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great finish - very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this piece.
    A box finish is so cool.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a sweet, adorable finish--well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robin, I like your box of chocolates. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robin: I think your piece is adorable and your finish is perfect.
    I love it.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.