September 21, 2018

EGA Challenge

We have a 2018-2019 Challenge starting next month at my EGA Guild.   We are to pick four projects to focus on.   They can be WIPs or new starts.   Well little old me is always looking for an excuse to start a new project.  

The 'challenge' is to select four projects.  We number them one to four.   Each meeting a number is called and the associated project becomes our focus piece for the next month.  If we finished a project, we get to add another to replace it and round out the foursome.
Project bags all filled and ready to go.

First up, from Hands-on Design, Block Party Mend.   I am missing one floss, so it is on my list for Salty Yarns in two weeks.  I changed the fabric from Dusty Miller to Cappachino.


Second, another Hands-on Design, Stitch Every Day.   Both of these have been in my stash for a couple of years.   I didn't dare start them because of all my other WIPs but now I feel like I have permission.  I changed the fabric from the suggested WDW Chickpea to Garden Slate Java.   I might have to change the green floss because of the green fabric.  hmmmm.

Pieces three and four, are WIPs.   The best of both worlds...something new and something old.

Third is Halloween Quaker from Lila's Studio.   Heck, I'd better get going on this one if I want it for this Halloween.   Was going like gangbusters and got derailed.   Time to get back on it!

Fourth is another Hands-on Design limited edition My Stitcher's Heart.   This is an exclusive pattern in association with Elegant Stitch.   It is a box and with smalls.  I fell in love with the colors.   Can you tell I like Cathy Habermann's designs.

I've finished two of the three smalls and will be working on the top and the third small.. 

So wish me luck that I get some of these stitched, finished and I'm able to roll some additional projects in the mix.   Could be a good way to get a WIP of two moved to the completed column!

Thanks fo stopping by and keep on stitching.

2 comments:

  1. Good choices Robin.....love Cathy's designs too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All great projects.
    That little tree is so cute!
    I too love Civil War Quilts, love the fabrics.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.