September 16, 2018

New start

My EGA is having a canvas work SAL.    I only have worked on canvas once before and never finished the project so this is an interesting challenge.  Our assignment for next month is to complete Blocks 1 to 8.   I already have Blocks 1 to 6 completed since Thursday.   This may be a project where I am the over-achiever and have all 16 completed by next meeting.

I am enjoying the process and progress with this.    I may even have to pull out my previous meager attempt at canvas work.


Also in EGA we are launching a challenge for 2018-2019.   Stitchers are to pick four projects to concentrate on.   They can be new or WIP's.  And oh, there are so many new ones I want to start...Do I dare?  We will stitch them in rotation dedicating a month at a time on each piece.   It is a good way to make some progress on a couple of projects that I have been lagging behind on.     I'll have to dig into the basket of shame and share what I decide to use for my challenge.  I think I want to split it between two WIP's and two new......hmmmm, got to think on it a while.

As for my other current stitching, I am almost done three of the four Halloween ornaments.  



For those who wanted to know the fabric color, I cannot find the label from when it was purchased.   I did pull out all my Weeks Dye Works, Sampler Threads, etc. to find a close match.   Best I could do was DMC 598.


For those stitching pals in North and South Carolina, sending prayers.   Stay safe my friends.  

Thanks for stopping by and keep on stitching.

6 comments:

  1. Your canvas work piece is looking good. You have made good progress on your Halloween stitch. What an interesting sounding challenge for the coming year in EGA! I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Thanks for the info about the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The canvas tree is so cute.
    Great progress on those ornaments!
    Have a great week.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your canvas work looks great! I like the different stitches....as well as the ease of the size of holes in the canvas! lol! My cross stitching has been little to none this past year because focusing on the little linen holes is too much for my eyes. Good luck deciding which projects to chose for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin, that counted canvas piece is so sweet..can't wait to see how you finish it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robin,
    Love your Halloween projects. and the fabric.
    on the canvaswork tree! I'm up to square 12, as of last night! It's addictive, isn't it?
    LynnB from Lamplighters

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robin: Your Halloween stitching are adorable.
    I am never able to do a challenge I just do not keep up.
    I love canvas work but only small projects, do you know what the finished pieces will be made into? just curious.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.