March 12, 2020

Getting into a routine

isn't happening yet but I am trying to get a handle on myself.    I think I just need to stay home instead of galavanting about most of the time!

So I stay and and I see things.....Do you ever look around your house and think......everything is looking shabby?   Everything seems too cluttered?......well I did.    I took what I labeled "The Critical Eye Tour"  going room-by-room making a to-do list of things to be done.   I listed things like re-installing the guides for the sliding closet doors to things like painting the outside corners of the wall where either by kids, or dogs, or vacuums, or contractors, the paint was chipped, to the dining room where damage from roof leak was patched and never painted.  Or painting the frame on the mirror so it can be rehung.   It took the front and back of a legal sized paper for this little to-do list.   I added a list of supplies I needed, went to Home Depot and I started attacking these jobs.   It is feeling good to cross off some tasks and to spruce things up.   When I touched up the paint in the bedroom,  I also mounted a campaign to spring house clean the bedroom, flipping the mattress, washing the curtains, wiping the walls down and eliminating some of the bookcase and dresser top clutter.   It feels good!  One room down and a bunch to go.


I am making sure to reward myself with a mid-day hour break for stitching.  I am making progress on Blackbird Design's Easter Parade.    I used everything from stash - fabric and floss.   Stitching is moving along at a good speed.  As I am stitching I am  trying to think how I will finish it.
As promised, this is the beaded icicle I made when in Florida.  Mine has a few mistakes and I just say mine is a melting icicle that refroze.


I also bought a new pattern and have started gathering the floss and beads.   Three of the Jersey Girls are doing this as a SAL.  Just what I need, another new start.

Wow, look at all this floss that is needed?   Even with the stash I had, I still needed to buy 15 skeins of DMC.   The beads are on their way from 1-2-3 Stitch.  I do not have the fabric yet and was going to get at PSS or at Salty Yarns in April.  I like to buy the fabric in person.

I am making my final plans to attend the Prim Stitchers Retreat in Asheville at the end of the month.  I have tickets bought for touring Biltmore already.  With this coronavirus, the attendees are all watching the group posts.   As of this morning, the retreat is still a go.

Gloomy overcast day here and my spruce up agenda is moved to the sidelines today while I pull out all the spring decorations and put them up.  Once the winter greens, snowflakes and snowmen come down, everything looks plain.

Next week, my daughters are treating me to a 5 day trip to Connecticut for some antiquing and shop hopping.   They have rented the cutest Air B and B farmhouse.   I am sure the afternoons will be filled with crafting, beverages,  laughter and shenanigans.  I hope I will have some project progress to share when I get home.










And OMGosh, I forgot to share one of the sights we saw in Florida.   We were driving north on I-75 at about 75 mph and see a police car ahead on the shoulder with it lights on.   I am thinking, hmm, wonder what's up, there is no car stopped.    Guess the stopped car pulled away and the officer is completing his paperwork.  It is not until we were passing that we see the trooper with a NAKED man against the front of the car as the officer was cuffing him.   Naked as a jay bird!  No car, no backpack, no bicycles and NO CLOTHES.   Boy did we wish we were like kids who can whip out their phones and take a video.



Thanks for stopping by and keep on stitching and have your phone ready.....you never know where there will be a naked man on the side of the road.

4 comments:

  1. Lol! I used to watch Cops on TV when I was younger and there was almost a naked man for every episode!! What's wrong with people?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, thanks for the chuckle about the naked man alongside the road. For sure to cause several double-takes! Love the forsythia in the boots. Your critical eye list looks well organized and I see you have marked several items off. Good for you! Enjoy your outing/adventure to Connecticut! Look forward to hearing about the adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will eventually find a routine.
    I am also painting & organizing & eliminating as I go.
    That Glendon Place piece is gorgeous!
    Wonder what happened to that man's clothes? LOL
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great week in the books.
    I like the red you are using on Easter Parade.
    In defense of the naked guy, I understand that it
    is very humid in Florida, just sayin.....
    Have a great week.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.