March 25, 2020

I Caved...


I have a new start.    Oh whoa is me.   Really, oh what is wrong with me!     This is called Ornaments All 'Round.  


I am stitching this with two friends as a long distance  SAL.   Sweet jumping jehoshaphat there are constant color changes.  Ever the person that want to mathematically analyze the outcome,  there are 32 motifs so, theoretically, I could do a motif a week and be done by Christmas.    As I type this I hear Monty Python in my head saying that they laugh in my general direction.  Surely I have gone round the bend.  Above is three days of stitching.....yikes.   And let me tell you, this is not a carry along project between how big it is, how many colors, how my different beads and kreiniks are used. I can't even blame cabin fever on this purchase since I bought it the first week of March.

Not one to usually rotate projects I think I need the break from the blackwork compound that with the  I need the break from the ornaments and then I need to work on something simple.  This is a rotation that might actually work for me.

As for the blackwork SAL, I am happy with the progress.   Last week I was on Week 2 of 11.   I am up to working Week 8 and of course, Week 12 came out today.  I do really enjoy blackwork although some sections are a little more tricky than others.  It is also fun to see all the variations on the FB group.   A block a day and by next week I will be on schedule.




















My other and hopefully last purchase for a while is the Beth Seal/Summer House Stitch Workes Ladies Garden Journal. I bought the whole shabang....fabric, floss, pattern,  finishing kit.  A moment of weakness.  I promise, I’m steering clear of online stitching stores.....at least for the rest of the week.  Lol

 Aren't the colors just so pretty.   And how appropriate, the first page of the book is Sweet William


I am sure am looking forward to some warm days to be able to get some yard work done.  I spent some time in the yard yesterday and it was hard to think tin the midst of this pandemic as I listened to the kids next door playing kick ball and birds singing and dogs barking and trucks on the interstate.

I’ve checked into home delivery from the grocery store and it is available for me.   I don’t need anything yet but it is good to know it is an option.   Mr. W. has already told me I am not taking my elderly friend on our weekly grocery excursion and I didn't object.   My daughters are working from home as is my son-in-law but my son is in law enforcement so he is not and that is a concern.   He had to shave his beard in case he has to wear a mask/respirator.

On a lighter side,  I am still encouraged by all the positive things I am seeing; all the sharing people are doing; how the internet is really helping people whether it is books, games, concerts, exercise programs.   Can you just imagine what our parents and grandparents dealt with during WWII when it would be weeks or months between letters.   Ration books.  Calls home?  Not hardly.   Don't you just love what some of these elementary teachers are doing....driving through their students neighborhoods.    In my town, and I am sure in others, the school buses are driving the routes everyday and delivering the breakfasts and lunches the kids usually get in school.  I am proud of how everyone is showing their best.

This is what I did this week to brighten spirits.   I pulled out my box of greeting cards and my roll of stamps and started sending notes to friends.   So far to six different states.  This is yesterday's batch.   Another 5 when out today and more will go out tomorrow.    Writer's cramp.......can't do too many at a time!


One day at a time, we will get through this and keep in stitching.

7 comments:

  1. Love your new sewing stash , your new stitching is looking great .
    That's a very nice thing to do , I am sending out a few cards.
    and phone calls to my stitching girls from my club.
    Stay safe .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin: The New stash has me a bit jealous.
    I do like the Black-work project very pretty.
    I am not buying any stash I am using up what I have first, I really need to do some finishing.
    Stay Healthy.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some great projects!
    Love the Blackwork banding.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol! I almost gave in and bought Ornaments All Around too! I already have plenty of samplers to keep me busy... Country Stitchers is one of my top 3 flosstubes to watch! :-) It's funny to think that a year or two ago I thought I gave up cross stitch completely...hurray for magnifiers! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched Deb working on that on flosstube..that's a massive project but will be wonderful when completed. I love the garden journal piece and have toyed with getting it, but I'm over extended as it is with projects! :)
    It is heartwarming to see how most people are handling this current situation and I try to focus on that. Be well my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super progress on the Blackwork piece! I look forward to seeing your progress on the Glendon Place stitch. That one from Summer House Stitch Workes look amazing and I do love the colors. It is nice to see and hear what people are doing during this time of craziness. Like you, I have been writing out notes/cards and sending them off. Stay safe and be well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the Ladies Garden Journal colors are wonderful.
    I bought the Glendon Place Poinsettia with all the trappings when it first came out (how many years ago?) and there it still sits.
    That black work piece is really moving along.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.