April 1, 2020

Ta da

I took a break from cross stitching the past rainy few days to work on a quilt for my granddaughter.   This was is proving to be  EZ PZ.  A kit, called a Cuddle Quilt, purchased a quilt show from  from My Stitch Central. The complete kit was only $35 and so worth it.  

I sewed away while listening to my new favorite kind of  music,  smooth jazz.   I used to just tell Alexa to play current music but I have grown tired of the language in pop songs.  I listen for relaxation and not tension.   It is so nice to just tell Alexa "play smooth jazz"  and like magic she starts playing.  A little Sade', some George Benson, some Aaron Neville, maybe Michael McDonald.   Really enjoying the change of pace.




And why is it that even if you cut and stitch with the precision needed for creating a Faberge' egg, you still need to square up your blocks to make them the same size.  Rows assembled, perhaps next step later today.    Since I am still self isolating I've got the time.


For my watching pleasure, I starting watching a show on the Smithsonian Channel called Aerial America.   It is an aerial view, hence the name, of each state. During the hour long show you have a view over landmarks, historical sites, industrial wonders,  natural features of the individual state.  Yes, a bit nerdy but I like history and nature so I am enjoying it.   I also find that for an hour a day it is an escape from the worries of the current day.  It may be something husband will enjoy.

I have made great progress on my blackwork.   I am working on Week 12 and Week 13 came out today so not too bad.  Super happy with the progress.

I have made little progress on Ornaments ala Round.   This is a more difficult stitch.   It is large, it has frequent color changes and no less than 49 different DMC flosses, 12 Kreinik and at least a dozen different Mill Hill bead colors.   My goal is one motif a week.   Might be hard to do since I haven't picked this up since Sunday.

As for Easter Parade from Blackbird Designs, I should just pick this one up and finish it.

So that's all I've got today.   Heading outside to soak up some sunshine.   Thanks for stopping by, stay safe and healthy and keep on stitching.

3 comments:

  1. That quilt is adorable! So nice to get the kits, everything right there, much easier to start when the mood hits. And Aerial America is great, I like the historical tidbits.
    I knew you would catch up on the black work.
    Stay safe and healthy.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling quilt you are working on! Easter Parade is looking good and I think I would probably stick with it if it were me. Your Christmas stitch looks lovely. The Aerial program you are watching sounds interesting. I wonder if we get that channel around here. I enjoy smooth jazz as well. Happy April, Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute quilt. That show sounds great.I'll have to try to find the Smithsonian channel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.