May 19, 2020

Yard Work



  This is the before.....




I took on this little corner by the deck that was overgrown with yucky ornamental grass that was long past needing to be removed.   Out it came with Mr. Wonderful's help.
























Instead I now have the makings of an herb garden.    This looks underwhelming because the plants are small.   The wrought iron chair is from my parent's yard; I remember it as a child so it has to be 50+ year's old.    The two round cast iron "planters" are the bottoms from two different chimeneas we had when the kids were in high school.



I put my lavender at the right forefront positioned so that as it grows I will be able to walk by,  brush against it and fill the air with the scent of lavender.    Ever-bloom strawberries for Sweet Mr. William are in the left forefront.   I don't know if the bunnies will leave them alone and they may need to be moved inside the fenced vegetable garden.


I have sage, oregano and chives so far.  Like all the other plants, the local nurseries have such a limited selection this year.  I'm going to have to think what else I can add.      

Maybe I can use the cast iron bowl with the potted plant in it for mint......it would be a way to contain the mint and keep it from taking over.   Lord knows I don't need to put anything invasive back in this bed!


This is the only critter I want to see in this bed!

Before    and   after......


Even Mr. Wonderful, who would prefer to cement the entire yard and paint it green, said it was a great improvement and it the best this little corner has ever looked.   I think he may have been in isolation too long.

Thanks for stopping by and indulging me.  And now on to my next project to conquer!

6 comments:

  1. What a pretty little corner! Thank you for sharing the before and after pictures. I hope the plants do well. Your Hosta look incredible. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin: This is a beautiful improvement, what a beautiful place to visit.
    I love the chair and the pots, you have a gift for gardening.
    If you put clean cut hair around the base of the bricks in the garden area it should keep rabbits and deer away, I used to do this for my strawberry garden.
    I hope you have a beautiful day.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a good job Robin. You need to plant some Basil too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job. Hosta are one of my favorites.
    That little chair is just too precious.
    Every project you tackle always looks great.
    Have a great rest of the week.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I'm going to convert my window boxes to herb garden this year. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.