June 11, 2020

Stitchie Update

Not a ton of stitching going on.   I have still been dedicating every free minute to being outside.   The other evening I was inside making dinner and heard a chain saw.   I didn't think too much of it but I should have.   My neighbor, Fabian, came over with his chain saw and starting cutting down the trees at the back of the property.  OMG!   He had seen me out there for a week pulling up the briars and bramble and trying to clear up the undergrowth and told his wife he was going to help Miss Robin clearing but wow, I never expected him to cut down the trees!


So let me back up......about 5 years ago.....See "Then"   A storm blew down a 70 foot oak tree on our property.   Well maybe not on my property but the back of my yard.  There is a 150 foot deep land locked lot that runs the length of my street.   Slowly over the years, we have all 'recovered' some of the property for our own back yards.  Until Fabian cut the trees down the trunk of this oak was the back drop of the yard.  So you know what this means.......more clearing and such for me.

I'm getting there.

I am finding a lot of junk in and among the undergrowth.   Cinder blocks, bricks, beer cans, flagstone, soda bottles, an ax! (probably a tool from the garage that the kids lost when building a fort in the trees)


You can see  Fabian has planted grass and created a park-like back yard.   I've been going through plant catalogs selecting some shading loving, native plants to create a perennial shade garden with something to bloom each season which will have no grass but little paths for me to name after my grandchildren. This is going to be a several year project.

Good thing I love working in the yard.......just when I thought there were no more yard projects in my future ever ever ever!  I think I need my head examined.

3 comments:

  1. Wow!
    Now you have more work!
    It will look nice when done though.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I know you will enjoy your puttering back there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like a man with a chain saw and a woman with a great plan in mind. Amazing amount of work you have done. Great change in the landscape.
    Have a great week.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.