July 21, 2020

Back at it.....

It has heated up here the last week so right about now, this is how we all want to spend the day......up to our necks in cool water.    

I so enjoy the being outside in the yard.   Couple that with I just can't sit and I am always putzing and pulling and pruning.   To the untrained eye there doesn't look like anything needs to be done......but to me, I can always find something I want to transplant, weed, mess with.    A couple hours turns into 3 or 4 and then I am dirty and wiped out and not in the mood to stitch.  This is what caused me to put  Ornaments ala Round aside for about a month.   But now that it is so nasty outside, I am back to stitching every morning and NOT hitting the yard for a few hours of fussing  and putzing.   

I am in the homestretch.  23 our of 32 ornaments done.  I want to get this done but I strayed to the yard and some smaller  quicker stitches.  I sat in every other chair in the house and  stayed away from stitching chair because in my mind I felt I would feel quilty not working on Ornaments.  So the break is over and I am back at it and determined not to put is aside until I am done.     I finished the blue and gold ornament yesterday and started the purple and chartreuse  one this morning.    I really love this piece but it is not one that travels well or I can take outside to work on.  Since I have ordered Theresa Kogut's Land That I Love I have more incentive to get this one completed.  



For when I absolutely feel the need to stitch outside, I am working on Holly Hocks, number two the Ladies Garden Journal Series.  































I sewed up a bunch of four inch squares using the remnants from the quilt top I finished last week.   I am still waiting for the backing fabric to arrive and hope to somehow incorporate these squares on the back.   Can't wait until it gets here,  I make my quilt sandwich and I am up to putting the binding on.   The binding is my favorite part of the process except for maybe that first wash and dry when it comes out all wrinkled up!


I made a funny discovery.   Why is it after everything is said and done and you are filing  that document you just distributed to untold numbers  that the big old typo jumps glaringly off the screen?   Same way with cross stitch I guess.   I finished this earlier in the year; laced and mounted on the Hobby Lobby box.  What do I see the other day when I reach over the box to draw the blinds up........

OMG,  what a goober.    I dotted the "T" and not the "i".    I am debating about correcting it.  I had wanted to put this in the County Fair - which was canceled this year - but it is so me to make that goofy of a mistake I am tempted to leave it.   It will become a conversation piece it some sort of way.  



Being on semi-lock down doesn't mean you can't eat good!    Mr. W. and I scored some King Crab legs and salmon at Costco on Friday.    Add some Jersey corn and garden fresh cucumber salad and I cooked us up a feast on Saturday.   There was so much we ate two nights on it.











We all are still trudging along through this pandemic but getting by.   Unfortunately fall events are starting to be canceled.   Overall, it is not bothering me as much as some others.   I have a ton of things I can do.   I behave, don't go out willy-nilly and where my mask when I have to go to the grocery store.  On a good note, I love that I am getting 3 months to a tank of gas.   Wahoo!   









 









Thanks for stopping by.   Stay safe, stay cool and keep on stitching.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful stitching ,love the stitching on the box.
    Beautiful garden to , I am spending most of my time in the garden than
    stitching at the moment I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you working on the ornaments piece! It is looking good. Your flowers are incredible -- so pretty. I think you should leave your dotted t unless it bothers you too much. Your meal looked delicious and well done on getting 2 meals out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one gorgeous yard!!!! Love all your flowers.....and I'll be over for dinner next time you visit costco....that's all I have to say about that! lol! Beautiful stitches too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We too are cutting & cleaning up trees in our backyard.
    Ornaments is so colorful & pretty.
    Those Crab Legs look delicious!
    Very pretty flowers.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leave the goof up on the box. I love it. Love your Saturday dinner too. LOVE!! Snow Crab legs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All that yard work really pays off, beautiful color everywhere.
    Can't wait to see how the backing for the quilt turns out.
    And 'ornaments' is really stunning.
    Love the frog.
    Have a great week.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robin: I love that the T is dotted it is unique and yours, I love it.
    Your ornaments design is beautiful, you really are on the home stretch.
    It is cool here today a cool 75 degrees.
    Beautiful floral photos.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors of the quilt...and your flowers...spectacular!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.