July 14, 2020

A Finish and a New Start

Good news/bad news.    I made some delicious zucchini bread.  Bad news I ate the whole loaf myself.   Not in one day mind you.   And the zucchini keeps on growing!




Wahoo!     I fully finished 4th of July by The Humble Stitcher.  Just made a quick and easy little pillow which I sewed twine around the edges.   I did use the walnut spray stain.    I could have kept spraying but it is kind of like when you do you hair or make-up and think just one more touch-up and then you wish you hadn't.  The use of twine was not my idea.   I wish I could remember who posted it on Instagram .... thank you for your idea of the twine around the edge.





























I started work on Holly Hock, the second in the set of  the Summer House Ladies Garden Journal Series.   The same colors are used throughout the series which helps to tie them together.  I am trying to keep current with these especially since I have two SAL's coming in the fall!!!!

I found a new place to sit and stitch.....under our new SunSetter awning.  It's great except when the AC comes on.    On a good note, the AC has been running less now that we open the awning over the slide glass door.  It is really helping keep the heat out of that room.































I finished a quilt top.  I have more intersections spot on than ever before.   I guess I am getting better at this.   I want to do something with the leftover scraps to incorporate them in the back and hope to get some squares made before the fabric for the  backing arrives.   I am hoping the online color is a good representation of the true color.    Well if not, I'm going to make it work!  I can always tea stain it if necessary.
































































How is it possible for me to get so much accomplished this week you ask......I have lost the battle with the heat/humidity/yard work and have been staying inside.   No more yard work until this heatwave passes.

Thanks for stopping by.......
Stay well, stay safe, and keep on stitching.

8 comments:

  1. The quilt top looks fabulous. Love your finished finish of the Fourth of July Sampler. Well done! Your new stitch spot looks lovely. You Hollyhock start is looking good. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job keeping up with the zucchini.
    That pillow is adorable.
    Great spot under the SunSetter.
    I follow the sun during the day pulling
    the shades and it does make a difference.
    The quilt is just gorgeous, love the color
    combination.
    More heat and humidity for us towards the end
    of the week, oh joy.
    Looking forward to your next batch of accomplishments, you
    are such an inspiration.
    Have a great week.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin: Your pillow turned out perfect with the dye spray and the twine, I have to try twine sometime, it gives such a vintage look.
    Your seating outdoors is a wonderful spot, I love sitting outside to stitch.
    Your quilt is lovely, I love the patterns and colors of the fabric.
    I like your new start, I am looking forward to seeing your progress.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely stitching and Quilting .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stitching and quilting .
    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too love Zucchini bread!
    The pillow finish is nice & great start.
    beautiful quilt.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmm....zucchini bread! I'm patiently waiting for our tomatoes! ;-)
    Lovely finish on July 4th! Your quilt is fabulous too! Isn't it funny how (with so many patterns available) it's the classic styles that are the "funnest" to stitch! :-)
    Last night and today seem a bit cooler... the weekend will be a different story! Stay hydrated and keep cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the quilt. Like your new Stitching area too. Is that a SAL you are doing?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.