July 11, 2020

Every have one of those days.....

That was my yesterday.   It rained all day.  Or rather it poured all day.    I think we got almost four inches of rain.   It was needed but I sure did look like the kid who’s mom said they couldn’t go out and play in the mud puddles.    I kept walking to the sliding glass door and looking at the rain.  I couldn't find anything to hold my attention all day.  I even took a mid-morning nap!   I read a bit.   I picked up my stitching and put it down so many times.   I just couldn’t find a thing to interest me.  Played solitaire, played Sudoku, surfed the internet and was quickly bored with everything.   I was just a slug all day.  I didn’t even cook dinner.  It has been about four weeks since we ordered take-outs so I decided it was time again.  

About 10 pm last night I finally managed to finish the Fourth of July from The Humble Stitcher.   The pattern is an easy pdf download.



I am not sure how I will finish it and I hope it doesn’t languish in the basket of shame for too long.  I think one of my  2020 goals was to decrease the number of pieces in that basket this year wasn't it? 😬

Rain is coming again today and it is downright yucky outside right now.   Mr. W. has one of those handy-dandy-dad-type digital thermometers that tells us everything......sunrise, sunset, highs, lows, winds, millibars, barometric pressure and so on.   I came in from doing a bit of yard work around 9:30 this morning and it said the humidity was 87%.  When I got up I decided to spend just a minimum time in the yard and THEN shower and change clothes.   So glad I did.   I was only out about an hour and a half and was drenched.




Even Buddy Cat has decided to just lounge around.  No attacking bugs or flowers in the breeze or going off on an explore for him today.
This morning all I did was pull a few weeds, pick some veggies and helped Mr. W. install some lattice to keep Gueirrmo the ground hog out of my garden.   We had installed pickets along the bottom edge of the shed but Guillermo managed to spread a couple apart and sneak in and out to eat my lettuce and kale.   I caught him in the act the other day I didn’t even scream like a girl......I put my hands on my hips and told him in no uncertain terms he'd better run along home and stop eating my veggies and scurry off he did.  




Look what I did for fun!  Last week I hung these chandelier prisms in my garden to keep away the birds.   I bought them years ago at a craft fair and just recently found them when sorting through my plant foods and orchid soil cabinet.   It is cool to see them spin and cast rainbows around the back yard.   I know, simple things make me smile......or maybe it is the enhancement of a glass of wine in my hand that makes these appealing to watch.














So today I think I will finish my quilt top; I think I should make zucchini bread since I have zucchini coming out my ears; I think I might spray Fourth of July finish with walnut dye to give it an aged look and pick a background fabric for finishing it; and I need return to working on Ornaments ala Round.    I am close to 3/4's done and need to finish before the next SAL starts!

At least I have a plan; whether any of it is executed it a whole other discussion.





Sorry folks but other than the trees growing taller in my town, not much else is happening  here in slower-lower Jersey.



Things are starting to get scary again.   An increase in the number of cases and hospitalizations for Covid is troublesome.  More states moved to 'red'.   And now I hear this morning there is a new strain of Covid that is more contagious that has come from Europe.   I am going to hunker down and keep myself busy at home awhile longer.

Stay safe and stay healthy and remember of all the things you can choose to be, choose to be kind. Keep on stitching.  Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your Fourth of July Sampler finish! It looks super. Did you end up spraying it with the walnut stuff? Your produce looks good. That is what I have been missing -- the trips to the farmers market on Saturday mornings. Ours is open, but you have to order and pre-pay online and then from 9-10 on Saturday AM, you go pick it up in drive thru fashion. No wandering, no selecting your own, no spontaneous purchases. Enjoy your weekend, Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have days like that too where nothing interests me.
    We have had bursts of heavy rain off & on here.
    I bet those prisms are pretty in the sun.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we're all getting weary of the confinement... I love my hubby, cat, home and hobbies...but I sure do miss gathering with friends at car shows, wandering through antique malls and thrift shops, auctions and an occasional sit down meal at a local burger/ice cream/chocolate shop...
    That's some good looking pickin's from the garden! I planted tomatoes only this year. I use a product called "Deer Scram" to keep the deer, rabbits and squirrels away from the garden. They do make "Gopher Scram" too, though I can not attest to the effectiveness of it as we do not have ground hogs... epicrepellents dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Robin!! Always so upbeat!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we all need a day like that once in a while.
    Stealth Buddy laying low, blending in, on the look out for Gueirrmo.
    We just missed the four inches of rain the next town over got.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robin: What a sweet Patriotic design, I am looking forward to seeing it finished.
    I do like the crystals that you have this is a great idea for keeping birds away.
    Pesky little critters are a nuisance in yards we have many, especially rabbits.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.