September 2, 2020

My kingdom for my own bed.

Hip hip hooray, it's Damma Day is how I was greeted when I arrived at my son's last week.   We had a great visit just enjoying each other's company   Mr. Wonderful sent me out with a bunch of cooked crabs so we sat and nibbled and talked and we enjoyed our first day there.   The tents were up in the back yard but thankfully, I was given a pass and had a bed inside.  

Willy played his tissue box guitar with Uncle Choo Choo Miki.   AKA Mike who works for Amtrak.   

Needless to say, minimal stitching going on and no purposeful walking happening this past week.   

Here is how far I am or rather how close I am on Ornaments ala Round.  Just this corner to finish.    A half branch, a half gingerbread man and a full branch and that is it.   I plan to concentrate on this and nothing else between now and Labor Day weekend because I want it out of the way for the start of Coming to American on September 6th.   

















I was finally able to score one of the kits for the companion project bag for Coming to America from Brenda Gervais of With Thy Needle and Thread.   Every time I had looked, it was out of stock.  I remembered after I went to bed on the 29th that the 29th was the day they were to be back in stock so I shot out of bed, scrambled for my credit card in the middle of the night to order it and the others were all sitting with a little late night chatting and looked at me like.....what is she doing?   My daughter got it, she's a crafter; the others did not.  


Progress on Raegan's stocking is minimal as well.  


I did have a new start as you need a small carry along piece.    This is  "ye old crow sampler" by Heart in Hand.  It is charted for all black but I am switching it up with some orange for the pumpkin and green for the vines using whatever I have in stash.  The photo does not represent the fabric well.   It is 32 Carnival/Belfast and much more orange than it appears.  

When I left my son's I brought back an extra package with me......my grandson.   He did great being away from home the first time. We went in the pool, played games, played trains, played Legos, went to the playground, and went to the aquarium.  


Of course a visit to Damma's always includes a trip to the custard stand.

It broke my heart when I told him as we snuggled in bed on his next to last night that his mom and dad were coming to pick him up and he just sobbed and sobbed.......he didn't want to leave his Damma.  All was well by the time they arrived and ready to return home the next day.  He knows he will be coming home again with me soon.   

As for me, last night was the first night in my own bed in a week and boy did that bed feel good.  A quick vacuum of the dog hair and crumbs, picking up random Legos and I am done for the day and looking forward to an evening of stitching......which in all honesty will be the equivalent of me pulling out a project and falling asleep with it on my lap.  

Thanks for stopping by, keep safe and keep on stitching.

5 comments:

  1. Glad you had a pass on tent sleeping! It looks like you had a good time at your son's and then having your grandson for a few days at your house. Love the picture of William and the ice cream cone! You are so close to getting the ornament round finished. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect visit with William!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it was a fun time.
    Ornaments is so pretty.
    William has really grown.
    Bet he had fun at Damma's!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun visit .
    Your stitch work looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet this was one of the best weeks of retirement if not the best.
    Will looks so grown up. Such great memories for him.
    Stitching is pretty fabulous too.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.