September 6, 2020

See-Saw

Back and forth.....what do i do?   It has been probably one of only two best run of days for weather that we have had all summer.    I know I need to finish Ornaments ala Round but the yard and beautiful weather was calling me....stay in/go out, stitch/do yard work....decisions, decisions.

So I split the baby so to speak.   I took my needlework outside.     It was great to just glide back and forth in my hanging chair, listen to the birds chirping and the wind rustling the trees and wind chimes....oh and the lawnmower in the distance but even that sound created a sense of normality.  But there is one problem with this situation.   I closed my burning eyes for just a second and was so comfy I feel asleep listening to the breeze.   It really was heavenly.  

I had wanted to get Ornaments completed by the start of Women of the Mayflower......close but no cigar.   One branch left.  I could kick myself for putting this aside for the entire month of July.   Oh well.  No looking back to could-of, should-of, would-of.   I will get it done.   I took the pictures below outside to try to capture the sparkle but it really made it 'yellow' looking.   



I watched some floss tube videos while I stitched.  It is overwhelming to see how many videos you are behind with the little YouTube icon every time I open my phone or iPad.

I tried to narrow down the numbers by unsubscribing to those I don’t regularly check in on, the ones that no longer post and the ones I can readily find on owner's websites.   Besides, all this watching floss tube is bad for the pocketbook!   Don't you just want get on the internet and buy half the stuff different stitchers are showing?   I use the XStitch Ap to keep track of all my patterns so I don’t rebuy  any.  It readily tells me  I have at least  a gross (144) of patterns that I just couldn’t live without buying.  Only reassuring thing is I know I am not alone in this dilemma.  

I did make a good progress on Raegans stocking.  My EGA had a Zoom stitching night last week and it was easy to work on the large count while we all chatted.  It was great we were all able to see and talk to each other.   

This morning I started Women of the Mayflower.   The SAL is from September 6 to November 5 to coincide with the 400th anniversary of the voyage of the mayflower.   Sixty-six days, in theory, is enough time to complete the SAL.    There are some really dense stitching areas but then there is a lot of lettering farther down where I feel I can make quicker progress. Of course there is a FB and Instagram group where we all encourage each other.  I really hope I can keep up or maybe even move ahead.  



My daughter had a scrap of map-like fabric that I can use for the lining of my project bag.   I cut two strips from the project bag panel and 'tested' coffee dying and the antiquing spray.   The fabric takes the dye super well. Overnight in the coffee cup proved to be too dark.      Later this week, when it turns humid and nasty again, I hope to be able to dye the panel and then construct the bag.  


So folks that’s where I am this Labor Day 2020 Weekend.  Always a list of projects at hand as well as  in the queue.   For me today, I am heading outside to enjoy the weather after  applying  the bug spray! 

Thanks for stopping by.  Stay safe, stay healthy and keep on stitching.  

7 comments:

  1. Lining fabric is perfect. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had a couple of those good weather days here too. I know what you mean about closing the eyes for just a few seconds.
    More humidity coming this week, but you can tell summer is leaving us.
    Wonderful stitching as always.
    Have a great week.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you have a good weekend so far. Your start on the Mayflower piece is super. My only advice about snoozing in your chair outside is this...put away your stitching first then you don't have to deal with any unwanted accidents. Enjoy the rest of your Labor Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to sit outside and stitch you feel part of nature and peace .
    Your Christmas stitching looks wonderful .
    Enjoy a lovely week .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo, almost done with Ornaments, so close!
    Talking about Flosstube, I subscribe to the ones I like, & click on the bell for notifications.
    Well, about a week ago, the notifications decided to stop, so now I have to go & look to see id there's a new one. Not sure what happened.
    Have fun with Coming to America & have a great Labor Day!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've had a taste of some lovely weather this weekend..have enjoyed stitching on our porch. That lining for the project bag is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robin: It is cold here last evening 34 degrees, brrrr.
    I love sitting outdoors to stitch, soon those days will come to an end.
    I am so loving the Ornaments and you are so close to the finish.
    Coming To America is such a beautiful design, I love anything American.
    Reagans Stocking is having good progress, I really like the fabric color.
    I did the same as you deleted many of the icons on my phone, it used up so much of the battery, when I got notices from certain apps.
    Have a great week.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.