October 19, 2020

Calculations

Well I don’t need a sextant to know I won’t make it to Plymouth by the appointed day for the Mayflower's landing.   I calculated when I started that if I stitched 6.something rows of the pattern every day that I could drop anchor in early November.   Well, what can I say, life happens and the best laid plans of mice and men go awry.     


I recalculated this weekend and I now need to stitch 15 rows each day to finish in time.  I am wise enough to know if I couldn’t stitch  seven rows a day I surely cannot stitch 15 rows a day.  It is all good.   I have made a bit stitching progress lately to be able to see some progress.  That’s all I need, forward progress and not to run aground on a sand bar.  



I am jumping down to the names with the thought that lettering goes faster.   Not sure if that will be the case.  I'll save working on the border when my stitching group meets this week.      Heave-ho, hoist the anchor matey and let’s get some stitches in this week.

6 comments:

  1. CtA looks great. I agree, the lettering will go fast.
    Love the mug, I have the exact same one with an 'S'(wink).
    Wishing you a smooth sailing week.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, you are sailing right along...just hit some stormy seas!!! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Mayflower piece is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Mayflower stitching is growing each time we see it.
    Enjoy .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mayflower looks great.
    No need to rush it.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robin: This is such an amazing design, I am looking forward to seeing it finished.
    Even a little stitching is good.
    The fabric is a beautiful color.
    Have a great day

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.