November 11, 2020

Intention

I think I found an answer to my one sidedness albeit no guarantees on how long I will be successful.   I stopped making daily lists and this doesn't work for me.   I need a routine.   I've told this is all part of retirement - setting a routine.  So I’ve got to pivot my focus.   No more just one more thread length, no more just one more chapter, no more just one more episode, no more just one more word game.   No-sir-ree    Come 7 a.m. no matter what I am in the middle of I am putting it aside and I am jumping on the treadmill for a half hour minimum.  Once done, I have been proceeding with my morning routine and by 9 a.m. I have walked, showered, made the bed, had breakfast, cleaned the kitchen and whatever needs to be done and the rest of the day is mine guilt-free!   I know......I know.....I am always gung-ho at the start of anything and quickly my attention drops off.....fingers crossed I can keep to it.

As for Wordless Wednesday, a little explanation.   I take photos of whatever I see that week that catches my interest.   It is especially easy if it is something in nature.  Some weeks it is more of a struggle than others.   On those weeks I branch out on a different path and use theme.  Take November 4th - the theme was things that are circles.   Every week won't be a theme but I can guarantee it will be some weeks.  Since I have a weird way of looking at things my theme may not always be obvious but hopefully it is all relatable.

Yes, ta-da.   I finished Coming to America on time.     I was 98% done on the weekend.  I finished up Tuesday and left my initials for the last day.   



I saw a post by FlameFingers on Instagram and had to copy the way she stitched a ship in the embroidery hoop.   


I also added the finish date when adding my initials.    
I really enjoyed this stitching this piece and especially enjoyed all the FB and Instagram groups that helped created a comradely.    

This is the first piece I used my Rolaframe for.   Thank you Shirley for your generous gift of this scroll frames.   Looking forward to putting another project on them.

Off to up a WIP.

Until next time, thanks for stopping by, stay safe, stay healthy and keep on stitching.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your Mayflower finish, Robin! It looks fabulous. I'm with you on the routine in retirement. Have a relaxing Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for finishing 👏🏻. Love your Up, Up and Away theme this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on Coming to America, it is beautiful.
    As for routines and lists, I'm right there with you.
    And the Rolaframes, I just could not stitch with out them.
    Looking forward to what your next project with be.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your CTA finish.
    It's beautiful!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your Coming to America finish! It's a beauty! :-)
    You may have mentioned this before....but, (in your header pic) where did you buy those cabinets in your craft room from? The ones with the sliding glass door front. Have a wonderful weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your new finish looks wonderful.
    I like routine , and try to keep it up each day.
    If I don't I would never get anything done .
    Have a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robin: I like your wordless Wednesdays, I think it is fun to see what you post on that day.
    Congratulations on the finish, I am looking forward to seeing it framed.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.