November 17, 2020

Refreshed and returned

I am resting up from my visit with my son and his family.    Recovering meaning, wow, a Damma can get exhausted when she is in demand all day long....and now I am in need of catching up on emails, blog comments, laundry and pulling down all the jack-o-lanterns and Halloween stitchy stuff.  

Let's see, while there, we played games and read stories, made turkeys by tracing our hands on construction paper, giggled, had delicious meals and watched Frozen 2 a time or two.  It was good to get away and leave my worries behind.   

Daddy was being silly and spiked Will's hair.   

Little Miss is such a happy little baby.   She knows "so big" and can wave bye and clap her hands and......from the way she is traveling around the coffee table, she will be walking in no  time!



Each day we picked a location to hike.   One day was at Raystown Lake in Trough Creek State Park.   Raystown Lake is a 28 mile long lake that was created in 1973 by the Army Corp of Engineers when the river was dammed and the valley was flooded.  There were no crowds and almost no other hikers while we were there making it a safe outing.   The weather was gorgeous and it was wonderful to hear the sounds of nature and nothing else.    

 Of course my son has to go off the path with a toddler in hand and a baby strapped on his chest.

This is Balanced Rock from the parking lot.


This is Balanced Rock from the top.  It was a super easy climb to the top.




Afterwards, we went to the Overlook by the dam on the lake.   I just love how you can see forever.


 We were on a narrow peninsula that offered spectacular views.  Turning around 180 degrees, this was the view behind us. 

Following the path down from the other side of the parking area we found another awesome overlook.





Someone was very tired even though she did none of the walking!

On Sunday we explored Penn Roosevelt State Park and took a more level-ground hike.  

It was so good to visit and make memories.  We have FaceTimed twice each day since I got home because Will misses his 'best friend'.  

So enough of me and my blathering on about my kiddos, I do have a teeny tiny bit of stitching progress to share.   I have been able to stitch most of the lamb since I got home.   I need to get my needle back in gear to finish the stitching and get this assembled and ready to mail to Little Miss.  I set it aside on purpose while I was doing Coming to America but that ship has landed and everyone disembarked. 


Once the stocking is done, I want to concentrate on finishing my Blackwork SAL.  I know both can be completed pretty quickly and perhaps a third or even a forth WIP can be completed as well before the end of the year.   Since we seem to be going back into another period of isolation here's hoping stitchy progress can be made.  

Until next time, stay safe, stay healthy, thanks for stopping by and keep on stitching.

7 comments:

  1. Love the stories and pictures of the Grands. Will is losing that baby face. Regan is growing so fast too. Her stocking is so pretty and can’t wait to see it finished. Glad you got to go see them before lockdown again. It is coming for sure - more stitching time but I sure do miss seeing every one and retreats but my pocketbook likes it except for the online shopping.

    Diane in TN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounded and looked like you had a fabulous visit with Mr. Will and Little Miss. What gorgeous views from your hike! The stocking is looking good and I know you will have it finished in no time at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must have enjoyed your trip seeing your family .
    Great photos.
    Love your stitching it's so pretty must be a SB .
    stay safe hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fantastic place to hike, so beautiful.
    The kids are too cute.
    Love that stocking.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely pictures from you hike. I am sure you had a wonderful time bonding and the kids are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That not so little boy is handsome and Raegan is just priceless.
    Oh the memories being made.
    You have such a great eye with the photos you take.
    Have a great weekend.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the stocking! So glad you got to spend time with your grand babies! All of your pictures are wonderful

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.