December 31, 2020

Frenzy and Finishes UPDATED

(Two additional finishes at the bottom)

Well I had myself a little stitching frenzy and finishing.  I managed to stitch and finish three quick ornament and one patriotic finish over the last week.  There was no baking this year as  I would singularly eat it ALL.   All the gifts were wrapped and mailed.   No prepping the house for incoming family.  All the decorating I was going to do was done.  What else was I to do but sit, stitch and have my backside grow wider?   



I stitched two Lizzie Kate designs stitched from stash with mystery fabrics.  I substituted with what floss I had on hand but pretty much stitched as charted.    First up, Don't Get Your Tinsel in a Tangle.  The word "tinsel" was to be stitched in white.   I scratched my head at that and I used some mystery metallic for it and for the cording around the edge.  

Going with the tangled thought, I came across the three 'bulb' buttons and I thought how appropriate.........just like tinsel, we all know Christmas lights get in their own tangle.

Second is Fa-La-La from Lizzie Kate and again it was stitched from stash.  I edged this with green chinese braid.


 The third is a Mill Hill kit.  These kits are super easy but I don't think I could have a steady diet of them.

Lastly, this patriotic stitch from Bent Creek.   The pattern, floss, linen and boxes were all part of different days in my advent exchange.  

Two more finished to round out the year.

The Peppermint SAL from Facebook for the year of blackwork.  I stitched this on 28 count banding with a blue edging from Sassy Jack's.  I stitched it using GAST Black Raspberry Jam.  

It was fun to stitch and easy to keep up with - one motif a week......except when I left myself fall 6 to 8 weeks behind.  



These itty bitty candies are an extra that was included with Brenda Gervais Merry and Minty.


Next up, shopping my stash for what's on tap for stitching in 2021.

5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous frenzy of stitching and finishing, Robin! Love your star boxes (where did you get them?) and Home of the Brave looks great on it. Love the lightbulb buttons you used on your tinsel piece. Looking forward to seeing what you have on tap for 2021 and stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, you seem to be in the same place I was this year for the holidays...a lot less hectic and frenzied...with time to actually relax and enjoy some down time...not happy about the butt expamsion though!!!! Love your finishes but especially your changes/additions to the Fa La La piece....so cute!!! Wishing you a Happy, healthy New Year with lots of visits with your grands. See you in November...if not before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome finishes! I especially like your added touches to the Tinsel Tangle one! Looking forward to seeing what's on tap for 2021 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finishes, love the blackwork.
    Looking forward to seeing your 2021 stitching selection.
    Wishing you a happy, healthy New Year!
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.