January 2, 2021

New Year/New Start

Happy New Year one and all and here's hoping it is a better year for the entire world!  Without burrowing into the woes of 2020,  let's look forward to a better year.

So what's my New Year's start......not what I had planned.    I got lazy and started the Flag of Stars  from Bent Creek because it was all kitted up.   It is a fast and easy stitch and I didn't have to dig through my stash to pull floss for HOD's January in the Year of Celebration.  ....which I will do next....


Stitching on 18 count (yippee, no cheaters) using perle cotton.

As for ringing in the New Year, we've never been ones to go out so it was just a normal night.  I drank my adult beverage, stitched and watched my S-in-L's live feed from his living room as he sang some songs and played the guitar.   Thank the heavens above for the ability to be with family virtually!

Last January, our Programs Chair gave us an EGA challenge to list our goals for the year 2020.   I not only listed stitching goals, but sewing goals, household goals, gardening goals.   I did a little walk down memory lane and reviewed what I wrote and was pleased that I accomplished so much more than what I  had even listed.     Note to self - update the list through the year to include all the "add-ins".   So before the effects of the adult beverage(s) took over, I attempted a realistic list of goals for  2021.   I like thinking of goals rather than resolutions.

I also dumped my orts for the year.   Back in September I thought it time to empty the jar but I did as advised and kept stuffing them down in there.   I used to toss them around the woods for birds to pick up for their nests but birds have never seemed interested.   Stasi at Bee-Mused and Bee-Stitching said she did or she heard of saving them for inside pin cushions. 

 I have zip locked them away and will add them to the other things I am saving for one day when I might need them. Guess I will need to remove all the DMC wrappers before using these.


And so we start again......an empty jar with a hint of things to come, a fresh start, a bright outlook, and goals to look forward to.  Wishing you and yours nothing but good things in 2021.

We are forecasted to hit the low 50's today.  It is time to head outside and take the holiday lights down.  It will be good to get outside and move a bit more than from the couch to the refrigerator and back!

Thanks for stopping by, stay safe, stay healthy and keep on stitching.

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Robin: I do not make resolutions myself nor does Mike, however I do make a list of thigs I want to get done for the year, stitching, beading, sewing etc, sometimes I fall short.
    I so totally love the Flag Of Stars, it is lovely.
    We do not drink anymore not sure why however we do have a special dinner on New Years Eve.
    I hope 2021 is the best year yet, 2020 was a very trying year for all.

    Hugs
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you too!
    I'm with you, it was just another normal night.
    You always accomplish more than you set out to do.
    Looking forward to more great posts from you in this
    new year. You are an inspiration with all that you do.
    Wishing you all the good things in 2021!!
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your pick for your New Year's Day start and you are off to a great start on it. Wishing you a blessed 2021!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice!
    Love Flag of the Stars.
    Happy New Year!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.