January 20, 2021

Just Itsy Bitsy Progress to share

I have so little progress to show after a week of little stitching.  I have been spreading two or three hours each day with a close friend who has a lot on her plate right now and when I get home I am just not in the mood to sit and stitch.   Couple that with the stitching fairy (my eldest) dropped off tons of crafts supplies on my front porch.     I just recently proclaimed in a zoom meeting that all the stuff visible in my craft room was not purchased by me!   How prophetic that was.   

Long story short, the aunt of a friend of my daughter's was a crafter and had passed away last summer.   Her family is cleaning out her home and no one else in the family was a crafter (for shame!) and they didn’t know what to do with it.   I told my daughter my guild liqudiates unwanted stash on eBay and uses the proceeds for room rental,  supplies and projects, etc.   I thought that was the end of it.  Nope.   They didn’t want to be bothered.  It’s really easy I said, here’s the number and here’s the website, just drop it off and they sell it for you on eBay and split the profit with you.     Next thing I know the family thought it would be best to donate to an organization that would appreciate it and use the money generated for sales to help other stitchers.  .....so that is how I came upon tubs and tubs and tubs of floss and patterns and towels and transfers and......



No judgement from me.  I need to get a Thank You note to them now and again when we receive our "check" for the sales.  

Initially I thought I’d sort the DMC by number in zip lock bags.   My friend Pat pulled me back from edge on that one.  And I thought maybe I will enhance my stash by pulling the numbers I don't have......nope, not really worth my time to spend hours for $0.59 floss.   Easy estimate, 3,000 skeins of new DMC floss!  If we were meeting right now, I would take this treasure trove to a meeting for everyone to check it out but I doubt we will be meeting until the fall so off to eBay sales.      Although I have not spent my time stitching, my time was spent craft related. 

I finished the flower basket on Land That I Love.

But wait.....one little #712/cream stitch missed there near the handle.   Geez, what was I thinking when I ended the stitching one stitch short?



As for HOD Year of Celebration.......why is that small items seem to take so long.   I did stitch all the snow in icicles from WDW but didn’t like the look so out the stitches came.   At the rate I am stitching this tiny chart it will be next year before I get it done.   I think I need to dedicate some serious stitching time this coming weekend.

I'll get there....one day and one stitch at a time.

Thanks for stopping by.   Stay safe, stay healthy and keep on stitching!

5 comments:

  1. OMG!
    That's a bucketload of floss!
    Yes, too bad you aren't going to a retreat & pass some on to each stitcher.
    Land That I Love is looking pretty.
    Yes, sometimes smalls take a long time.
    Happy stitching!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome progress on Land That I Love, Robin! Your January block is looking good. Oh my goodness, what a treasure trove of floss and crafting stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Years ago, my dad brought home someone's stash from a flea market (he's well-trained!). My mom and I divided it and I ended up with tons of linen and even weave (she doesn't use it). I'm still using it and enjoying it. I love it when someone's precious stash goes to a new home or new purpose where it will be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just did a double take when I saw the bins in the first pic.
    I thought it was what I had just unkitted last week!!
    Have a great weekend.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a generous thing for them to do. I am sure your guild will appreciate the boost to funds too.
    I also find that Small projects attract the frog far more than large ones! The series is lovely though, I do enjoy a monthly series.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.