February 7, 2021

Time for a little catch up post

I have been absent for the last couple of weeks being distracted by some family issues, a friend being sick(non-Covid) and with a  neighbor passing away (Covid).     Just made me kind of lose my blogging mojo.  I did managed to get some early morning stitches in before heading out to my friend’s to sit with her.  I only have two people outside my home in my bubble and thankfully she is one of my of the two.  

We got snow last week!   I was so excited for The Big One which ended up being about a third of what was forecast.  

Although I had this grand plan to work on smaller projects on the weekends, I haven’t done it.  Therefore I can't share a completed HOD January.  I'll get there.   Hey!  What are plans is not changeable?
I have become so smitten with Land That I Love.    Although there is a lot of color changing, I am really enjoying stitching on it.   I am working my way down the left side of the pattern to hopefully break up all the work on the strawberry band as well as all the stitching on the houses.    



  

I have taken time to rearrange my floss.   I had my DMC in 6 or 7 of the typical plastic trays storing some in my J & P Coats cabinet and the rest upstairs on different shelves in the craft closet.   I had an epiphany that I could swap the floss with my spooled thread.   Seems I needed to be hit-in-the-head to get the idea.  All this time, the spool cabinet sitting right there on top of J & P Coats drawers.




For some reason I thought I tried the wound bobbins and they didn't fit.   🤷  Now that I have swapped them out, each drawer has room to grow and there is another two drawers that remain unused.   Plenty of space for more floss and all my DMC is in one place.   What a concept!  I will keep a small and a medium storage case just in case I need one for  a special project.  Win win! 
I did return to a long ignored project I have been putting off.   This is one of the last three home fix-up projects on the list I created last spring.  (Other two - paint closet doors in two different rooms) By the time the wallpaper job came up in the project rotation last spring I was out working in the yard.....I made a promise myself that February 1st I would tackle it.   Nothing like a little scraping off wallpaper to work off some frustration.  I am dedicating two hours every morning on removing the wallpaper because after all, I have stitching and other things I can do. Truthfully I can't bear to create more mess than two hours worth.   All I can say it that I did a damned good job 25 years ago when I put this wallpaper up.  

I also have a couple of FFO's that I will share next time.   So that's it from me.   Until next time, thanks for stopping by, keep on stitching, stay safe and stay heathy.  

4 comments:

  1. I think 2 hours daily on the wallpaper project is adequate. Your DMC thread organization looks great. Awesome progress on Land that I Love! I am sorry to hear that your neighbor passed away and that a friend has been sick. Love the picture in your blog headed, Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your friends.
    Love the snow photos.
    Your stitching is just beautiful.
    Enjoy your new week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry your friends are sick.
    Land That I love is turning out so pretty.
    Love your spool cabinets.
    I remember removing wallpaper in our old home.
    It looks like they took a sample book & just pasted all the ugly squares underneath an ugly Toy Soldier wallpaper. So gross!
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why does it take so long for these epiphanies to hit us??
    Is it because we just needed something new that day to
    'switch it up?'
    Love the thread cabinets, what great finds.
    And all that snow that you didn't get, well it's here in
    my yard!! More coming all this week.
    And the wallpaper, I'm told it's making a comeback.
    After I got rid of the little bit I had three year ago, you
    could not pay me enough to wall paper again. You are making
    such great progress with yours.
    LTIL is beautiful.
    Have a great week.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.