March 15, 2021

Stitching Catch up and Life Catch up......

This is a little after the fact since I am only now recounting the last week of February but that is what a catch-up post is all about.   I went out of my quarantine comfort zone traveling to State College PA in February to help my son and his family move.   When the movers said it would be a two-job, I was kind of like why?   Trust me, it was a two-day job because of the distance between the two places.  They were 95% packed when I got there and ready for the movers the next morning. We needed to work on the garage and clean the appliances and handle some laundry.  Forget anything left out in the yard as it was under 18 inches of snow.   They are now in, 100 % unpacked and only 50 minutes away.  Willy stayed with me for four days and trust me, his bed time and my bedtime were the same time!  I have seen them more times in the last three weeks than the last two years and I am loving it.


So, that said, you know there was no stitching accomplished if Damma was needed to build forts or watch a Disney movie or help with train tracks.  
Boy I can see my life is going to change.  I am used to a solitary, quiet, no interruptions life, just stitching or digging my yard or hanging out on my deck.  That is not the way it is going to be.   At the end of last week I was up there for breakfast and somehow a little someone was in my car on my return home. 

Obviously I will have to up my pantry supplies so I have 'treats' for the little ones at all times which will not help the diet for sure.   My house and shed are packed to the gills with things that won't fit at their place but it is temporary.....the packed to the gills part.  It warmed my heart when my son said he was glad to be moving back home and my daughter-in-law chimed in with him saying it felt good.

Sunday evening I pulled out my journal and created some a couple of yearly pages.  I am really enjoying this new discovery of bullet journaling.  I have other pages penciled in and am ready to get out the markers.  To me working on this is as meditative as yard work or stitching.
 
The last couple of days I did put in some stitches on Land That I Love.  Not as much as I would like but am happy with the progress I've made.   I'll get there.   My goal for this week is to get the house done and add the cat, dog and flowers below the foundation.   

I have only done some cursory quick fly-bys on blogs I follow.  I’m seeing such pretty things and need to take some time to catch up, read each post completely and add my comments.    And let’s not talk about my fly-bys on Instagram of new patterns being released from Market....I’ve sent off too many emails to Sara at Salty Yarns for things I want.  Yikes!  My pledge to work from stash has flown out the window for sure.  

Out the window went any thoughts of doing HOD March the first week of the month.  I did manage this much while I wait in the car for a friend at her doctor's appointments.  

Top that off with the weather is just perfect for being outside and I have put in four to six hours several days in a row in the yard.....and I am in love with being outside.   My "back 40"  yard project as I call it, is coming together.   It will probably be another year before I have the area completely cleared and replanted.   That said, I am so happy with the progress so far.   The top picture below is where I am now and below that, where I was nine months ago.  This continues to be a slow and steady process that might not look like anything to anyone else but I have a vision...... I just ordered a ton of perennials from Breck's and can't wait to get them in.   I want to get some forsythia for across the back, transplant a holly, transplant some lillies and hostas which need to be thinned anyway, add some structural items and whatever else hits me.   Love the feeling of the good tired after a day out there.    Only bad thing is it does take away from my stitching time while I am outside all day but also since once I sit down on the sofa for the evening.....I fall asleep.

Thanks for stopping by, stay safe, stay healthy, wear your mask and keep on stitching.

9 comments:

  1. Glad your family is a little closer to you now.
    Willy will probably be visiting Damma a lot! :)
    Land That I Love is looking great.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, that is so great your son's family is close by now...I know you will enjoy a lot of special times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super catch up post, Robin! Your back 40 is looking good. Awesome progress on Land that I Love. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is wonderful that your family will only be 50 minutes away, Robin! Sounds like a perfect distance. My inlaws lived about that far from us and it worked out perfectly. Those little ones do tire you out. We are getting ready for three weeks in CA with our 8 month old grandson and I think we'll need three months to recover when we return home. But, I wouldn't have it any other way :)

    Love your Land That I Love progress--such a pretty piece. Sounds like you have great plans for your back yard--enjoy being outside. This is such a wonderful time of year here in PA!

    Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Building forts is awesome! :-) Great progress on Land That I Love! What town did your son and dil move to? Is it PA or NJ? I've been looking for houses in PA but haven't had much luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great catchup post. Back yard is looking awesome. You might want to think about Bridal Wreath also for back yard buffers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice to hear so much good news!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great post.
    Can't wait to see the progress on the back 40.
    More snow for us Friday. At this rate I hope to get some yard work
    done by July, maybe.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely to have family much closer, especially when there is a grandchild to play with!
    Your sampler is lovely and growing nicely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.