May 10, 2021

Time Away

Put your feet up and get ready for this catch up post........

Omgosh, as I packed for OCMD I realized how tired I was from the "days of Willy".  They started on Thursday and lasted until Monday and I loved every minute but needed a rest up for sure.  All my children were here for the first time since December 2019.  We celebrate with just my son's family on William's actually birthday and then again on Saturday at a family party.

The birthday festivities were great and it was so good to see family and friends which we have not been able to get together with for so long.  We spent a lot of the time outside.  Now that everyone is vaccinated, we all felt more comfortable. 

We had a 'smash' cake for Raegan since
her 1st birthday was via Zoom



Legos are always a winner!

 

What?   I didn't touch your cupcake.

I did end up waking with nagging sciatic pain on Sunday morning which means I had shirked my responsibility of daily morning stretches that keep back issues at bay.  By Tuesday, it was bearable and with walking the boardwalk on the horizon, I made sure I did extra stretching to try to get it under control.   Aleve always helps too.  This getting old crap is not for sissy’s for sure.   But really, can’t complain, I am in good health just not good shape.....but that is a whole other story.....


 

 

 

 

For OCMD, I had the big decision of what was I going to take to work on.  You know we always take more than we ever could possibly work on and it is not like there isn't a store just steps away to buy something.   

It wasn't hard to wakeup to this view.....we had an apartment on the third floor right on the ocean.   Trust me, the climb up was not fun, especially when we checked in and toted all our stuff up.  I kept telling Stacy, eat the food, drink the bottled water, drink the wine....less trips we have to go up and back down.

I struck to my original plan and prepped two finishes for the hand sewing into fully finished pieces but only got to work on one.    I was able to stick to my small list for Salty Yarns.   I needed some random flosses that were missing from a couple of kitted future projects and I wanted the Stacy Nash Be Kind Sampler.  I got the fabric, chart and fibers but a start on this is not even on my radar yet.  


Due to Covid, we were divided into three stitching rooms of only twelve stitchers in each.   We had assigned dinner times with our 'room' to maintain social distancing for Sara's famous lasagna and scrumptious desserts.   Stacy and I ended up having the entire stitching room to ourselves because the others wanted to stitch in their rooms.   We could unmask, spread out, turn on the TV.  We ate at one table, did some guild computer work at another table and stitched at yet another all while we watched the ocean out the wall of windows.  

I did make a bit of progress on Land That I Love.   I really want to stick to this being my focus piece.  But no promises.   I find that whenever I layout a plan of attack, I don't follow it.   I am the master of my own disaster.   I do hope to finish each row as far across as the top three and then move to the little bit left before the right border.   And what did I just say about making plans?   OMGosh, I am such a  ninny!  Sorry for the wrinkles.  I am trying to stitch in-hand which is new to me and  I seem to have a death grip on the fabric while I stitch.



This is a small project  I took with me.   The fabric is called carnival and I am not 100% sure it will work for this design but I plan keep at it.


I spent an entire afternoon on this canvas-work piece.   It is an EGA project and I have the wire cupcake holder to finish it with.  I wanted to get as far as starting the vertical stitches so I could see the plaid start to form.

I was able to fully finished L. Genders from With Thy Needle and Thread.   At first I thought I might UNfinish my by-hand finishing  and redo it by machine instead but.....I think I might just leave it as is.



View from the Route 50 Bridge walking to The Bad Monkey for breakfast.  

Stacy and I went out for Cinco de Mayo....I mean the Margaritas were calling us.  We walked the boardwalk each day; one day we walked all the way to west OCMD for breakfast.  We walked to Springfest at the inlet which was filled with crafters, food, music and beverage tents. 

Since Stacy has had a condo in OCMD forever, she knows EVERY ONE and EVERY WHERE to go.   Last year, due to Covid, she stayed away from going out.  This year, vaccinated and masked up,  she was ready to socially distance with her OC friends in person again and took to me to some of her favorite haunts for drinks and to watch her different friends' bands.  Not my usual view of OCMD but it was great and she has some fabulous friends for sure.

The weather was great but cold, we had great food, great fun and the days flew by.  For now I need to unpack, do laundry and add my new floss and pattern to my inventory so I need to get myself in gear for a busy week ahead.  

Thanks for stopping by, stay safe, be happy and keep on stitching....

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time, but then I knew you would! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun time. And you did get a goody bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think anything can top those two back to back weekends.
    Just can't stitch in-hand, every thing turns out a bit wonky for me.
    The carnival fabric is perfect as is all of your stitching.
    Have a great week.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun time.
    Willy's stick face is too funny!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks and sounds like you had a wonderful weekend in OCMD. I like the Carnival fabric for the Heart in Hand piece; also like that you are doing the pumpkin in orange (might have to borrow that idea). Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great weekend!! I’m glad to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects on the go and sounds like you all had a wonderful get together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.