June 30, 2021

Seems like I am forever getting up to speed....

After the last 16 months of  keeping myself busy around the house and yard, I am slowly finding myself busy out of the house most days.  I seem to be going somewhere or the kiddos are here every day.   It’s great albeit exhausting getting back up to social speed.  I am sure I am not alone to THIS new normal. I know as I get older I move slower but the same thought I had when I worked, I still have.... I still need more hours in my days!  I am still amazed people are bored in retirement.  Not this chickadee, no sir re. 

We celebrated Father's Day with a cook out, family and a bushel of crabs.  Pool water was still a cool 73 degrees.   Damma had no choice but to brave it.  Ugh.   Willy learned to swim on that weekend so that meant a jump-a-thon into the pool.   And little Miss Raegan learned to wear s’mores.   She was taken straight inside to the shower after this wearing of the s'mores.



I made great progress on my hexie quilt.  You all know cross stitch is not the most mobile project to take to most places. Too many accoutrements needed……magnification, array of floss, scissors, hoops, Q-snaps, pattern, concentrating on the count,  and the danger of someone dropping a deviled egg or a wet towel on your linen makes it a big No-Go.   I’ve envied my daughters who can sit and knit for hours at picnics or family events.  Well guess what, ….hexies are my new take-to-an-event project.  It is what  I worked all the way to Virginia Beach and back in the car.   My sister and I are each making progress.

Each week when we together, we trade 4 inch squares with each other so we can get a good variety of colors and patterns.

I am super happy with progress on Winter Rose Manor.  Initially, I was not going to stitch the snow but decided to go ahead and add it.   Once the trees are in, it has been mindless to add.   People usually complain about stitching houses but this one is not so bad.   I just love the look of the curtains in the windows, not so much the stitching of them.  It is perfect to take to stitching day with friends.....no counting, thinking, just filling in.  Wow, it's amazing how much a person can get done being a monogamous stitcher.  I am pushing ahead with this piece until the first of July.  My hope is to pick up some smaller/closer to being done projects so I can complete them and knock them off the list.   Two or three comes to mind and I have some pre-stitch for my September EGA meeting that needs to be stitched.  Hopefully I will be back to stitching on this one only by mid-August.....or sooner of my needle flies.

Upcoming, I am looking forward to our Annual Mom/Daughters Sew-a-Thon over the 4th of July weekend.   Last year's was cancelled because of the pandemic. I’m expecting my Boston girl tomorrow and Philly girl on Friday.  I have no business starting a new quilt but that is exactly what I am thinking.   I want to make a red, white and blue one to go with my family room make-over.  Just call me the Queen of Unfinished Projects.     

Oy! I met the new neighbors last weekend and learned they have 5-five-FIVE boys.   Hearing the chattering, basketball bouncing, and just kid noise in general in my otherwise quiet neighborhood  could take a minute to get used too! Hmmmm.......this could fit nicely into my grand scheme to get Mr. W. to consider moving.

Thanks for stopping by, have a safe and happy 4th and keep on stitching! 

7 comments:

  1. Oh gosh you do have a busy life .
    I also never have enough hours in my day .
    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little S'Mores girl!
    Those hexies are all so pretty, this will make a beautiful quilt.
    Love Winter Rose Manor.
    Have fun on your girls weekend!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been keeping busy and as my Gram would say "a good busy". Love your patriotic display at the end of your post. Winter Rose Manor is looking good as are your hexies. Wishing you a fabulous 4th of July sew a thon with your girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can’t wait to hear the shenanigans that happen on girls weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robin: I have to giggle, we have the same problem next door to us, they have two boys one is horrible for only being 7, he has a mouse so bad, plus all the screaming its hard to take.
    When we were little once you were loud you came in for time out.
    Your Patriotic display is lovely, God Bless America.
    I like stitching houses, some people do not, this is a sweet design.
    I like your Hexi quilt, the colors make it look vintage.
    There is nothing wrong with wearing your s'mores so cute and sticky.
    Yummy is all I can say about the cookout meal it looks wonderful.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had my attention with those crabs!!! Oh yum!!! So cute, "The wearing of the s'mores"... kids really know how to enjoy their food! :-) Once I get a little caught up on projects, I'm hoping to try a hexie quilt.... the process looks so relaxing and what a gorgeous scrappy masterpiece it will be when finished! Yes.... we've been trying to move for two years. The housing market is so obnoxious right now... so we are going to wait until next year. And yes... after having this last year "off" from the pandemic, I've had a taste of retirement and feel it suits me just fine! The days fill up so fast.... it's going to be difficult for me to return to work next week! lol! Enjoy your days! Summer is flying by...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still trying to recover from all the goings on in the last post and
    here you go again.
    Loving the hexies. Great stitching progress and
    great stitching plans ahead.
    I hope you have a wonderful Sew-a-Thon. The star squares are
    gorgeous. Looking forward to that post with all the shenanigans.
    I would love to see some sun here, we
    have had so much rain, I won't have to water containers until next
    summer at this rate.
    Have a wonderful week ahead.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.