June 18, 2021

Virginia Beach

A little road trip is a great thing.  We headed down the road and because we were chattering away it seemed we arrived in no time at all.  Checked into our hotel,  had drinks and a great crab cake dinner.  Tuesday we went to visit our friends from Camp WannaStitch who live in Williamsburg.  Joan, Ann, Dee, and Ginny….it was just like we saw them last week  not 18 months ago.  We enjoyed catching up, had great laughs and really a super nice visit.  Joan opened her house to us for stitching and we had a great lunch prepared by the ladies.  I should have taken pictures but so often you miss part of what is going on because you are taking pictures.  

Not a bad view....

The next day we went to Dying to Stitch.  

The ladies there were so nice, welcoming and helpful.    Of course the entire drive down Pat and I both swore we were buying nothing, we needed nothing, but remember Need and Want are two different things.   I didn’t do too bad.   An older Birds of a Feather chart/Bloom where you are planted.   I want to start stitching strawberries so I picked up four patterns, three from Erica Michaels and one from Scattered  Seeds Samplings.   Fabric and fiber will hopefully be from stash.




And look at this afternoon view I had to suffer through as I stitched.




I am closer to being done Ye Olde Crow, but ran out of WDW Onyx and yes I could have bought some at Dying to Stitch but I had 4 skeins at home.  I used restraint.   

I am happy with the progress I made on Winter Rose Manor.  It is surprising I got so much done with the view I had while stitching.


We have started meeting in person again for EGA and it was great to see everyone in person if only for the last meeting of the year.   We also got an email from our president that the church we meet in will be open and ready for us in September.   Hallelujah 

The week before Virginia Beach I went to the Philadelphia Flower Show.  It was outside this year.   It was a dreary rainy day but still enjoyable.  I meet my daughter there and we dodged the raindrops and strolled through for park.  The displays were lovely and I am sure we missed things as we left when the steady downpours started.  


This was my favorite window setting.   It looks like it is easily achievable even by a lay person like myself. 


Tons of displays to enjoy

Show sponsor



Love the hummingbird


Mr. Squirrel


All kinds of little vignettes like this throughout.



Very interesting display of small trees arranged in a bowl-like semi-circle that you walked through.











All those purple flowers are LIVE orchids in test tubes.


One last note….I am not so good at replying to comments but I do read (and reread) and appreciate each and every one.  

I'll leave you with the very lovely sunset view from our balcony.


Thanks for stopping by, stay safe and healthy and keep on stitching!

9 comments:

  1. These are a few of your favorite things....looks like you're finally enjoying retirement!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flower show was really unique. I always wonder where they get the ideas and how they put them together. Like how did they get all that Bamboo to grow up or move those big plants in???

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is WOW. You had allot of fun and I love the flower show. So nice that you could get out and be with friends and have a grand time. Love the sunset. Big hugs Lynda Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had two wonderful adventures, Robin. Glad you were able to take a road trip to Virginia Beach! What an incredible view you had and what great additions to your stash. Your photos from the Flower Show were awesome. So much beautiful things to see. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait until I make my next trip to the beach--thanks for taking us along! And the flower show displays--WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a beautiful view.
    The gardens are all so very pretty.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robin: What a fun post, so many lovely garden photos and some that are very interesting.
    Nice new stash, I am looking forward to seeing the strawberry pins done.
    Nice progress on stitching.
    It is getting back to normal here also, meetings are now happening.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your post and your trip looked wonderful .
    Thanks for sharing .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing the pictures of the Flower show. Such beautiful displays.
    Both projects you are working on are looking great and i so love the fabric you used.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.