October 17, 2022

To and Fro

Just in from OCMD and  I’m off on another adventure in a few weeks.   I am heading out to Enfield, NH for a Shaker Stitching Retreat the first of  November.  Again no class piece to do just plain old fashioned stitching.  I am taking Garden of Stitches along to hopefully narrow the distance between me and the finish line.   Stopping Hyde Park for two days on way up.   Going to do the Roosevelt Library and Roosevelt home and other sites in the area.  

But back to Ocean City….

From sunrise to sunset, beautiful 10 days.

It was a great week and the weather was beautiful except for one rainy day.   Too cold for the southerners that attended but felt delicious to me.  It is always nice to see everyone outside of a meeting or classroom setting.  My second weekend was Jamboree at Salty Yarns.   What great projects we had.   First, from Beth Seal of Summer House Stitch Workes.   She taught this adorable block style pin cushion.  Second, from Janis Note of Noteworthy Needle created this origami like stitched piece that changes with the seasons.    And last but not least, we designed our own strawberry topper out of clay with Michelle Ink.  Michelle will take them home to fire and then will ship to us in November.  It was a great weekend of classes and now I have some new projects to start…..not!  

Quick photos of Beth’s finished project.   We worked on the Dorset Buttons in class…..a little fussy but awesome end result. 

 

I may have said no new starts for me but then I did  the obligatory pre-stitch and start that I promised someone I would do. I also started and nearly finished the Liz Matthews tree for our November Guild class.   The first half went fast but the bottom……well there is a lot more stitching at the bottom then one realizes until you get to the part.   Still, I am pleased with how much I finished.    

I started and almost finished the Civil War Huswif.   As soon as I am finished, I promised a stitchy friend that I would work with her to assemble the Huswif.   At the top, I have to finish the second line of the verse and add a family name from the Civil War.   In the middle, the pocket ‘flap’ is done.   At the bottom, the flag is much like stitching a sampler house….it goes on and on and on…..but overall I am very happy with how much I got done.  

On a whim, I took a bag of hexies to tack and assemble.   I figured it would be great to work on in the evening when the eyes were tired.   I am really happy I brought it.   I’ve got lots of hexies to add to my existing quilt top.  I covered ALL the templates I have.  This is what 80 hexies look like.   Great progress and they will make a big difference when incorporated into my quilt top.

As for shopping, not too much was purchased.  Some little do-dads, flosses and necessaries.   I did buy the Liz Mathew’s  Autumn Cloche pattern but not too much else.   It is not even on my radar to start.

Now I have to put myself in high gear to get the patio furniture stowed, clean up a couple or three garden beds and generally prepare the yard for winter.  


The 100 Days/100 Blocks quilt I am working on it coming along.   I pre-stitched a bunch of blocks prior to going away so I could continue to post on Instagram daily.  Now it is time to spend an afternoon cutting and catching up on sewing about 5 daily blocks to get back on schedule.   We are closing in on the end and I am beyond happy with myself that I have stayed on pace.  Well, I’d better not get too cocky….on pace so far.  

So that catches you up on my comings an going.   Thanks for stopping by.  Stay safe, stay healthy and keep on stitching.

6 comments:

  1. Ten days in OC sounds like heaven--thanks for the photos from the front of the Lankford!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great adventure.
    It has been fun to see that quilt come together, what a great project.
    Oh those hexies, all that stitching and the month is only half over.
    Great pics of everything.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun, such a great post full of lovely stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects.
    Love all those Hexies!
    Ocean City looks awesome.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Robin: I am so in love with your header photo it looks so comforting.
    It sounds like you had a wonderful time at retreat, I do just stitching retreats twice a year, its so relaxing, you are so lucky to been able to go to class retreats the projects are lovely I have never done a Dorset button, it is beautiful.
    All the Hexies are something to see, I will be looking forward to seeing them sewn together.
    Nice progress on stitching both designs.
    Your quilt blocks are lovely perfect color combinations.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had a wonderful time with beautiful sunrises/sunsets and awesome productivity, Robin. How did you hear of the adventure in NH?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.