May 24, 2023

Beantown - Part Two

 After a fun filled 28 hours, we were off to a little town in Maine southwest of Augusta.  We arrived at Dana and Micah’s  1850’s farmhouse which was awesome.  

With a stream edging the property and skies you can see forever, it is such a lovely setting.

Look what greeted us when we walked in.   Fully functioning.

I know I could put this neat piece of furniture to use storing patterns and projects.


The before pot  and after the pot view of our delicious lobster dinner.   There were fresh scallops as well.

On Friday, we were off to visit Belfast and Camden.  Both small towns located on Penobscot Bay.  We were treated to beautiful skies after two rainy days in Boston.


Cool sea glass and stone garden (?) stakes.  

Always a view of the water is essential.

Opera House and now town hall


Erected in 1899, a tribute to the soldiers from Camden who fought in the Civil War.



Leaving Camden, we were off to Belfast.




View from our stop for margarita’s.

   It was Cinco de Mayo after all.

In Boston, I had my first hard cider and followed that up with a flight in Maine.  I’m hooked now!


Now to Dana and Micah’s home.   Wow is all I can say.   

Pardon my clutter on the dresser in my room.   Such a sweet little guest room, with it’s only alarm clock - the roosters outside!
Look at this beautiful crocheted blanket Dana made.  If only it could have fit in my luggage I might have needed to spirit it away.

Did I say roosters….where there are roosters, there are chickens too.

Talk about fresh eggs!

There is a baby chick peeping along in from of the Mother Hen.   Born that very morning.

Chickens not enough, the house came with beehives.   They struck up a relationship with the gentleman who placed them there and for the mere pittance of a jar or two of honey each year, his hives were welcomed to stay just where they are.

Beautiful, large dining table and dining room.  

Needlework displayed everywhere!






And Longaberger Baskets galore!



And there’s more…..where do all the bits and pieces needed to create these beautiful needlework pieces live…..

…in this giant, awesome craft room.  This is just one small corner.   Times this by 4 and put it in a 18 by 20 foot space.   It comes complete with back stairway and a trap door in the floor that opens to the kitchen.






The Bourbon Room.   I was schooled in how to drink bourbon.  


Can you tell we had a very nice time.   Dana and Micah were the consummate hosts.  

Thanks for taking a tour with me and…….keep on stitching.  

5 comments:

  1. OMG! This is awesome!
    Thanks for sharing.
    That craft room! *swoon*
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robin: Great tour, I cannot imagine cooking on that stove, wow, it sounds like a good time was had.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think "WOW" is all I can say!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bean Town part 2 was amazing, Robin! I love each of the pictures you shared and that hutch with the glass doors with the Longaberger Baskets is incredible. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are no words!
    This was an awesome post.
    What a great tour. Glad you had such a great time.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.