September 15, 2023

Next to the last, but not the least stop of our trip

I think I can wrap up the trip with this last post but buckle your seat belts everyone.   It is a visit to none other than Keepsakes in Cincinnati Ohio.   

I honestly stepped inside and froze in my footsteps with mouth hanging open.    I told Susan and Barbara this is what I think it must feel like to be 12 and get tickets to Taylor Swift!   

Was this a  warning or what?    Stop at Keepsakes or else!


The cuteness started even before we got inside.




Black cat paying tribute to 310.


Open the door and this is what we see!  Now you know why my feet were planted solidly.

It wasn’t long before we met 310 in person.


This shop is so adorable.   Some may say why not move to a larger location but I say NO!   It would certainly loose so much of the charm.   The house was a kit from Sears.    There are so many similar in my own town.


When entering a new cross stitch store I have to make the once around tour and then start all over more slowly.   I started by going upstairs.

One of the things that caught my attention was all the cute, innovative finishes that were done.


This place is wall to wall and up the wall!  If they have the sample on the wall, they have the chart located nearby.


There are four rooms upstairs, each with a theme - but before the rooms, there is the hallway.

Another couple of  views  of the upstairs hallway.



Cute finish.  Perforated paper on a block with plaid fabric wrapped around the sides.


In the center of the picture above, here is a close up of another cute finish. 


Another cute finish.

And again, a cutey patudy


“Love” this finish….lol


Just stitch it on paper and tie some jute around it.  Ta da!






Cloche’s 







Beautiful tea cup!



There was a 4th room that I somehow didn’t photograph.   It was the threads and needles and gadgets room.

Back downstairs


This is the famous work table.


Look how cool this way to display item finishes is…

I’m not necessarily a Nutcracker fan but none the less, I thought this adorable.

And there was a fabric room, aka, the kitchen.     Not to be outdone by the other rooms, check out the baseboard in the bathroom.   Scraps from various frames put to use for a unique baseboard.




I would be remiss if I didn’t include how wonderful, sweet and talented Barb and Susan were.   Real gems!  

I hope you enjoyed coming along with me on my trip to Kansas City and back.  I’m a fortunate gal to be able to do all the fun things.   Thanks for stopping by and keep on stitching……I know I have a lot to do to keep up with all the inspirations I’ve had the last 12 days!

10 comments:

  1. WOW!! I think I would have frozen, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!
    I think i need to go there!
    I would probably have to be in there about 6 hours to take it all in!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. So incredible! Thank you for sharing all the pictures, Robin. Your trip was simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I could share it will you. It was a super great get-a-way. I am so lucky to be able to take trips like this one. Robin in NJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful store. Thx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!! That is way overwhelming. It would take 2 days to see it all

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is no wonder our schedule was blown. Having only blocked out an hour was really ridiculous! Robin in NJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. EPIC!! What a fabulous trip this was, and I wasn't even there.
    Your photos are wonderful, can't image what it would be like in person.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous trip! Thanks for sharing your adventures!!! Hope you had time for some Cincy chili!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Stasi, my time management was not the best. We spent so much time in shopping when we left Keepsakes, we need to hit I70 and make haste towards Zanesville for the night. I guess that means another trip that direction. Robin in
    NJ

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.