August 26, 2024

Ohio, Part 3B, the ride home

We hit the road with the plan for two days of driving to make it home.   Why two days?   Well because we had stops to make and shopping to do of course.  Unfortunately, traveling on a Monday a lot of the sites and stores were closed.   No worries, we were not deterred.

First stop was Chillicothe, Ohio.   No matter where I go there seems to be a reference to Ocean City, Maryland.  



The homes in these small towns are so stately and for the most part, well maintained.  Not only that, as I travel, I come across countless small, adorable towns, steeped in history and seemingly thriving which all my make little impoverished town look even bleaker.


What a pleasant looking Main Street.   Great place for a 4th of July Parade.


On Main Street, we had a great lunch at Paper City Cafe




And the names some of these places have…..Kinnikinnick?

We found a couple of other little shops to stop at as well as an ice cream shop, Whit’s Ice Cream.


On to Lancaster, Ohio.   We headed to the Old Shoe Factory Antique Mall.  Oh and guess what we found?   More nesting dolls!    This place was so big and so chocked full of goodies.
















Found this interesting hardware cabinet.    Interesting price tag as well.    Maybe “Shelley” has room for it in her Mill…..not I.  Just imagine all the bits and bobs you could stash in this beauty.

This place was full of samplers for sale as well.





Cast iron frying pan anyone?   

And there was no shortage of spool cabinets.   Some finished, others needing a little TLC.



And as if we were lured here, we parked right next to a chocolate factory.   Too bad there were no tours or samples to be had.   This chocolate factory actually may have been on the way out!  IDK.   Between my delay in posting and cropping photos that changes their order in my photo list…..it still spoke to us!

These are some of the needlework goodies I came home with.   I only bought one, yes only ONE, chart from Keepsakes.  I bought the 40 count linen at The Little Needlework Shop in Canton, OH on the way out.  The rest are patterns are what we exchanged and some small gifts.

Keepsakes chart I purchased, yes, another Erica Michaels strawberry….. and a skein of WDW Blue Jeans needed for the Round Robin we are all doing.

Here are the goodies I picked up…. Kind of from left to right.

  • metal distressed bread box that I may paint red or may just leave as is
  • Brown porcelain flower frog
  • Deviled egg plate - I am collecting them for my daughter
  • Sampler necklace
  • Italy painted bowl that matches plates I have that were my mother’s.
  • Two drawer sewing machine drawers and the framework for them to stack
  • Various fat quarters of fabric
  • An enamels white wire basket
  • Coin purse
  • A hair receiver
  • A pair of glasses with funny sayings
  • A bag of various beads
  • Small porcelain sewing machine
  • 12 drawer spice(?) chest that my Mill Hill beads fit in perfectly
  • A Cat’s Meow gazebo
  • Flower painted darning egg
  • Queen Bee porcelain dish
  • Bunches of stickers
  • Two cutting boards to add to the collection
  • Green metal basket for flowers that will get painted
  • Two felt patriotic starts
  • $2 bag of buttons - and you all know the crazy price they usually have on buttons!
  • Red, White and Blue hook


Same items from different angle.   

So that’s it.   From New Jersey to Ohio and back, June 2024.    Great time, great trip, great friends, great finds.  I need to start keeping better track of the names of the stores we stop at so I can add their names/links here.  

Thanks for indulging me and waiting through all the installments!   Thanks for stopping by and keep on stitching.

3 comments:

  1. It looks like you scored on the items to and from, Robin. What a wonderful trip you had! Why is it most small towns don't have places open on Mondays? Here, it is most of the restaurants. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some beautiful buildings.
    You found some great treasures!
    Thanks for sharing your trip.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous trip I would say.....you found lots of great things, visited interesting places and spent time with like minded friends....... sounds perfect!!! That is funny about OCMD popping up different places...love the VW bus in the background of the Chillicothe photo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.