September 19, 2024

September Sailing by…

 Time for a quick catch up before I sail away, quite literally.   I flew into Boston yesterday and met up with my traveling companions.   We enjoyed a lovely evening on the Boston Waterfront and had a fabulous dinner at Giacomos in Little Italy.    Today we leave the Marriott and head to the port to set sail.      

I am so fortunate to be going on a New England Cruise.   What could make it better?   It is a stitching cruise with Jeannette Douglas!   Winner winner, the best chicken dinner!   We had a meet and greet with Jeannette earlier tonight and we are in for a real treat.  Bon voyage

But let me go back to the stitching things and other things I have been working on.    I stitched little gifts for my 3 travel buddies.   Using a Jeannette Douglas Pin Pillow pattern, I made scissor fobs for each and personalized the back with their initials and the date.   

I didn’t finish but did make great progress towards finishing Harvest Time from Lila’s Studio.  Really just another couple of  stitching sessions and I will be down.   I have the bottom border, a cat in a wagon and, oh, she needs another arm.   Hmm, maybe it should go in my luggage?   Not if you could see how stuffed my luggage is!

My Temperature Tree is a wee bit off track but I have no concerns.  August is done and a couple of September leaves are in - without their branch.  No worries, this is an easy one to catch up on.


I have been able to ‘police’ all the flower beds and gardens around the house.   Cutting back lilies and Iris, dethatching them as well.   Spraying weed killer on that unruly Spiderwort that just won’t give up.   Trimming bushes and branches. Spraying for spider mites.   I was encouraged by both the beautiful weather we had for about 10 days and the fact that I came across a copy of the order form I submitted to Breck’s Bulbs back in the spring for 100 bulbs that are due to arrive in a couple of weeks.    What was I thinking?   And what were my thoughts on where I was planting them?   IDK

Now, back to the cruise…..This will mark my third class with Jeannette Douglas and I am just as eager for this one as I was for my first one with her 20+ years ago at Celebrations in Nashua, NH.  Our project is a secret until it is handed out so that adds to the anticipation.

Packing has proved to be a challenge.  I did a 10 forecast to check out the temps of everywhere we will be and out came the sweaters and in went more capris and short sleeve shirts.  Another challenge was what projects to take.  Didn’t want anything over 1; nothing on 40 count; nothing too complicated or else I would be froggin as much I as put in; something new; something old?   To stick to my pledge to work my number of WIPs done, I settled on July, August and October from the Year of Celebrations from Hands on Design.  These are the last three of the series I need to complete.   Simple, small and on my WIPGO board for January  and I didn’t get to them,  Now I have the  trifecta of projects.  

Last night we strolled along the harbor front after dinner.

Beautiful plantings just add to the experience

I am not sure which tower this is.

Outside dining at it’s best.

City architecture always gets my attention.

Faneuil Hall in the distance

Just love the al fresco dining

It was a lovely evening to walk around the harbor even though the tops of the buildings were shrouded in fog.

I thought this was so funny

Not a bad view from my room.

We ending our walk with a nightcap and dessert.   Crème brûlée, my favorite 

Good night Boston

Thanks for stopping by and hopefully I will have lots of stitching work and haul to share next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.